1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BERRETTA 390 BOLT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by virg, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. virg

virg Member

Wanted just a bolt for a 390 Berretta, would also buy used complete gun reasonably priced or a junker just to get the bolt. 608-475-0295

2. virg

virg Member

3. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

You might just have to go to like Cole Guns and order one. I need one as well and have not found anyone that will let one go. The only time my A390 has failed is when the roller on the extractor broke. Was right in the middle of shooting Skeet Doubles both times and had to switch guns.

Ronbo

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Used bolts for 303. 390 or 391 are like hen s teeth. Order from Coles or MGW

5. virg

virg Member

6. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

So last weekend at the Zone 5 Skeet Championships my A-390 stops working. I assume becuase of the conditions (raining like mad) that the moisture is just giving me issues. So I switch to the O/U to finish out the event and then go clean my A-390 and continue all. I took the gun completely appart and dried in an out and lubed those parts that needed to be lubed.

Walked out on the field for the 12 GA event, shot 2 shots and the gun would not eject a 3 dram load (Rem STS by the way not the cheep stuff). So I go get the O/U and finish out the round. I go get a box of Federal Top Gun 3 dram load and go out to the practice field take 7 shots and the gun stops working.

I take the gun apart and the locking lug has failed. So I say easy fix, go to Beretta and they will fix. Should be no more than $30.00 in my estimate. Lucky for me I live 29 miles from Sparta.

So here I am in the Beretta service department, and oh no you just cannot buy the locking lug you need to buy the whole assembly! According to the Service Guy, when the locking lug fails the rest of the bolt is suspect and moslikly nearing the end of its life.

In perspective I have mostlikly fired 30,000 rounds through this gun since 1996.

So if you need a bolt, just go on and save up, my cost after two discounds I got a 10% retired military discount on top of the 20% discount the rep gave me a the service desk. Expect to spend $200.00.

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

total BS. The locking lug can break. It is a part that you can get from Coles Gunsmithing and is easy to install. I've only had three things break on my 391 in 4 years: That locking lug ($50), the firing pin spring ($3), and the breech block connecting rod ($24).

I only know one other person that had a locking lug break, so once you replace it, I'd forget about it. And despite the BS from the Beretta rep, the bolt will last forever.

8. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Needed the gun, had no time to argue and I am sure that the Lawyers would say replace the whole assembly just in case.

So I will send the bolt to Cole in the off season and have a complete spare ready to go.

Ronbo

9. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Ronbo, you don't need to send the bolt to Coles. Just order the locking block. It's really simple to replace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 390 bolt pin

problems with the beretta 390 bolt catch