1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BERRETA UGB OPINONS...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bgf, Sep 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgf

bgf Active Member

As a lefty this seems to be the perfect auto. What are the prevailing winds on this gun? It sure looks good to me but I have no knowledge of its function.

Bernie

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Might try a search and you will find a BUNCH of opinions on them,,,,but it seems to me it is either a love or hate relationship,,,,even more than most models,,,,my opinion is it is most aesthetic but there were some having some early mechanical problems....

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Love it, hate it...it's a gun of the past already.

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Ugly-Gun-Beretta.

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The Rube Goldberg of shotguns.

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

not a lefty friendly gun.....

7. bgf

bgf Active Member

thanks guys...Bernie

8. st8shuter

st8shuter TS Member

had one, worked everytime, with everything....7/8oz,1oz ran without a burb

9. Bueno

Bueno Member

The Edsel of Beretta shotguns. Some pre-iron curtain Polack engineer, working in Italy, had too much grappa, and was going out with the owner's daughter or something, and had this project approved.
    It will certainly make the ugliest and useless list of all times.
    Did I leave anything out?

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Take the limitations of an O/U design and combine that with the shortcomings of an autoloader then throw in a bunch of etra parts and there you have it - a big pile of expensive crap.

11. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I heard that.. It was the answer to a question no one asked..

12. tim_meissen

tim_meissen TS Member

I own one and I love the gun. It is an inertia drive gun so there are not very many moving parts in the gun. It has been very reliable and good shooting gun. It has cycled everything I have tried in it which does include international loads and 7/8 oz. I use mine for all events which include trap, skeet, and sporting clays. Mine does not shoot as high as I would like for trap. It is a gun that you will get lots of qestions about if you shoot much so be ready for everyone to ask to shoot it. As far as recoil it is about the same as any other inertia gun but the muzzle jump is much less due to the lower barrel positon that a traditional semi-auto gun. The gun was developed as a way for auto shooters to compete in bunker trap without having to unload the gun between every station. This is why everyone says it is an answer to the question no one asked because not very many people have ever shot a round of bunker trap or if they have they prefer to use an over under. If you would like any more information of the gun just ask as I have had mine since 2008 and I have put at least 5,000 rounds through the gun every year since then.

13. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

Leave the Poles out of it Bueno. We didn't have anything to do with that design!

14. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

I know of two of them. One wouldn't shoot the second shot in doubles until (I think) some wood was hogged out so the action would work. Then both of them had a little spring break in the top of the receiver, which operates the action locking lug. The locking lug sticks out the side of the receiver on the top right corner, and it wouldn't go into lock position on either gun, unless pushed by hand. There were no parts available in North America, nor were the Beretta service centers willing to try to fix them. Two unsold guns at a wholesalers were scavenged for parts, and they should both be back in action soon, after being repaired by a local gunsmith, they hope.

As a side note; Another friend was in the Beretta showroom in London, England, and asked to see what they had in used single barrel trap guns. The salesman immediately brought out a UGB, but was told in no uncertain terms there was no interest in it. After talking for a while, the salesman admitted that every one they had sold had come back, due to continuous malfunctions, and they had such a bad reputation that Beretta couldn't sell them in the UK.

15. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The company that built this gun originally built them one at a time and finished them by hand to shoot. B bought the rights to build them and tried to mass produce. Mass production of this gun evidently isn't the best idea Beretta ever came up with? Some will work and others?

Didn't you hear of Leo shooting one for a hundred targets in FL? Lowest score he'd shot in years?

Hap

16. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

But it was a beautiful ad with him mounting the gun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.