1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

berreta 682 Gold Problems

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mustanggt82, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mustanggt82

Mustanggt82 TS Member

My dad has a 682 gold combo, it shoot the firt shot fine but it will not shoot 2nd shot took it to a good gunsmith they fixed but it still does not fire the 2nd shot does any-one know where i can get a video so i can take it apart and fix it for him thanks

2. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Follow this lead i think it may be what you are looking for ---------------------- copy and paste the address listed below the above one in blue may not work !!! http://www.berettaservices.com/Moduli/ContentManager/publicfiles/PDF%20Esplosi%20Arma%20Parti%20Speciali/e682g_ge.pdf

3. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Mustang - I don't have a lead on a service video. I can suggest that you take off the buttstock. All the parts you care about for this troubleshooting and repair will be exposed. Cock the gun and observe the action, change the selector from the top to the bottom barrel, operate the safety, pull the trigger, etc and then start over. This time, after pulling the trigger, use a rubber or leather mallet and rap the back of the reciever to simulate recoil. What should happen is the selector should flop over to pick up the other sear. You will be able to see if it is hanging up due to poor finish or perhaps there is something else - like a broken spring on the inertia block. I have seen them with a poor finish of the mating surfaces and a knife edge on the inertia block side rather than just rounded over. At any rate, you will be able to see where the problem is. please see this recent thread "Beretta 687 will not fire 2nd barrel Help Pls"

Another alternative is to send the gun to Coles and have them convert it to mechanical triggers.

4. frey

frey TS Member

IF THE SCREW THAT HOLDS THE STOCK ON TO THE RECEIVER IS TOO LONG IT WILL STICK THRU SO FAR AS TO EFECT THE FIRING.

5. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Take it back to that good gunsmith and tell him that it is not fixed and that either he might want to look at it again or possibly refund the money.

Now with the money you have take it and send it to Coles or to Beretta themselves and have them fix it. If they say its fixed it is fixed. Attempting to be a home gunsmith on something you have not a clue about can only lead to possibly larger errors and more frustrations and money needed to be spent.

Send it off to have it fixed by somebody who knows what there doing and be done with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.