1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Berrel/rib seperation

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SBennett, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBennett

SBennett TS Member

My buddy has a Weatherby Athena o/u. I think the barrels are 28" with a top ventilated rib and the barrels are seperated with a ventilated rib.
    The problem with this gun is the top rib has broken loose from the chamber end of the gun appx. 4-6". Right now he has some duct tape holding it down and it hurts me to see a gun he loves in this state of dis-repair.
    Can anyone recommend a repair? Has this happened to anyone else and did you find a repair method that worked?
    He is willing to ship it anywhere if he can get a good, permanent repair.
    Thanks in advance, Shane

2. MOP

MOP Active Member

Contact Phillip Crenwelge at Phillip's Gunsmithing. He will re-solder the rib for a reasonable price. He has a website.

3. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

What MOP Said!!!!! Phillip's # 210-313-5988 Joe W.

4. hwy13

hwy13 Member

Hello Shane,,

I sent my 687 Beretta top single to Simmons for rib replace & re-bluing
    took less than 1 month, outstanding work, insured both directions for $4000- cost $650-
    They require the complete gun, could not send just the barrel, They set POI
    with the complete gun before sending it to me, I did this to keep the same serial #'s instead of buying another barrel ??

Don't know about o/u ribs ? I doubled boxed the factory case that contained
    my shotgun, Simmons sent it back to me in the same box. I put Simmons Repair
    Service on the label, UPS never asked me what is in the box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.