1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta's and barrels compatibility

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pakk, May 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pakk

pakk Member

Beretta

I've been thinking beretta trap combo lately. I don't really know if I want a top or bottom single. In the end, I think I would have to try both of them to see which I like better. This is the reason I am thinking Beretta. You have the option to purchase barrels and barrels seem to be readily available in the market. Since top singles seem to be more abundant and available at a lower price, I will likely go that route first.

My questions is does a 682 barrel only fit a 682 receiver? Do all 682s fit? I've noticed there are variations such as a 682x and 682e. Are certain 682s not interchangeable? Are other models interchangeable with each other?

2. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Any 682 barrel will fit the 680 series of receivers. Bear in mind that an Optima barrel will not fit a Mobile fore arm without enlarging the channel. The current series of SV-10 barrels will not fit the 680 series of receivers.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

3. captin

captin TS Member

Most 680 series 687,682,682 X,682gold E,680 barrels will fit most all 680 series barrels with no fitting,,But some will need some minor fitting to be perfect..

I have 6 different barrels, 3 new optma barrels and 3 of the older style 34" unsingle barrels and any of them I have will fit on either of the three recievers I have one being a 687 JE- SP-11 and two gold Es.

The three older unsingle barrels I have came from 680 and 682X combos.all the older barrels are some good shooters and have steel ribs Not the alum ribs.

4. pakk

pakk Member

This is what I was assuming, but could not find any information any where to confirm. THANKS!

I'm hoping to land a 682x deal today. I really like the compatibility of the 680 series.

Did not know about the for end.

Thanks again.

5. captin

captin TS Member

The fore end usually will only need a very small amount of sanding IF it will not fit in the case as Mike explained. It is an easy fit you can likley do your self.

6. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Previous posts explain the fitting of the barrel and forearm issues. The other main thing to look for is the height of the rib as this will determine if you have to adjust the height of the comb. Bill Malcolm

7. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Be aware that the barrels will NOT nessesarily interchange between Beretta recievers without fitting. I have two Beretta JE687's and the barrels will NOT interchange.

John C. Saubak

8. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Mine won't; a 682 Gold e and a 687 SP II bought at the same time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

682s barrels

beretta barrel compatability