1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

beretta ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by emm2, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emm2

emm2 Member

For the people that know Beretta 680 series guns can you please tell me if you think a Beretta 682 gold e is better quality or will last longer than a 687 silver pigeon 2 sporting? Thanks

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Mechanically, they are the same gun with two exceptions - the Gold E has a position-adjustable trigger (which can be retrofitted to the 687 for $95) and the Gold E (at least in trap grades) has Optima barrels and chokes while the 687 has the older Mobil barrels and chokes.

Ed

3. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

All of the new Silver Pigeon II sportings have Optima choke barrels. Garrett

4. AveragEd

There you go - even better! I don't follow anything but trap guns, so I wasn't aware of that.

Ed

5. emm2

emm2 Member

I was thinking about trading my sp2 for a 682 but if it's not better I will keep my sp2. Thanks guys

6. thewolf

thewolf TS Member

Also 682 has replacable barrel shoulders(screw on side) In 20 years I've never seen one wear out.

7. JH

JH Well-Known Member

They are not the same thing. 682s are dedicated competition guns.....

People tend to minimize the 682s when they can only afford the 687....

If one takes this argument to its logical extreme, one could argue the BL-4 is the same as a 687...why waste your money on a 687? Save even more, buy a BL-2....or maybe, a BL-1......

8. AveragEd

Speaking strictly in terms of trap guns, I wouldn't place a 687 in Silver Pigeon II grade below a 682. They both sell for about the same price and it bascially comes down to which look the buyer prefers - the futuristic 682 or the more traditional 687. Joel Etchen initially ordered his first shipment of special-run 687 SPIIs because he had so many prospective buyers express a mild dislike for the 682's engraving and checkering. This is his sixth year, I believe, to place an order for another run of the 687 SPIIs, so he must have been right.

Now if you compare a standard-grade 687 with a 682, then you are talking about an 870TB and a TC. But we all know that the only difference in those two is cosmetic.

Ed

9. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

They are all basically the same but I would opt for the Optima barrels they have nicer higher ribs and are softer shooting. I think the 687 sp II is the nicest looking but that is up to your personal taste. The older 680 gun is a great gun also and they can be purchased as reasonable prices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.