Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

beretta ?

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  tracyhunter 
#1 ·
I have a new(to me) beretta 303 and have a question. what is the lever on the lower end of the forearm for?how do you get 2 shells in the mag?when i put one in the chamber and one in the mag them try to put another in the mag the one in the mag comes out under the lever.also the closer button on the side is very hard to push in.

#2 ·
The lever on the forearm can be pushed in while opening the bolt to remove/change the shell in the chamber. Without releasing one from the mag.

Why you have trouble inserting two in the magazine more than likely is a lifter problem not staying in a partial up position? Possibly a good cleaning will solve that problem and check the bottom button spring, the one you activate to hold the bolt back.

Hap

#3 ·
Hap's got it right. Also, I would suggest that you install (or have installed) an after market bolt closure such as Angleport or DeVault Industries to make closing you action a lot easier. Those 2 brands offer the most mechanical advantage (leverage) of any that I have used/use.

Also a note: When you are trying to load a 3rd shell in the magazine, you may be hitting the release button at the rear of the carrier by accident. Just push up on the carrier and put another shell in the magazine. There is also the possibility that someone has installed a long plug in the magazine and in that case, just remove the magazine cap and remove the plug.

Just a couple of thoughts.....

#4 ·
hap,tron thank you.this is how i am loading the gun.i put a shell in the chamber and push the release button on the side.push same button and load shell in mag.now is when the trouble starts.the loading lever will not move. if i push the button tne shell goes under the lever.the lever will not move unless you push the button .is it time to find a beretta expert or am i doing something wrong?

#5 ·
You shouldn't have to push that release button to insert shells into the magazine. The lifter should already be in a slight up position for ease of loading extras on the run! If it's coming all the way back down, there's a problem with the small button spring at the back of the lifter, releasing too soon?

You aren't using the forearm button when trying load the gun's magazine are you? If so, don't, make sure it's in the (flat) position!!

Hap

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.