1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Xcel A400 Parallel Targets OK for skeet?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by stealle, Jun 2, 2013.

1. stealle

stealle TS Member

I am currently most interested in trap, but I'm sure as my interest grows I will
    want to move on to Skeet.... maybe Sporting Clays, but my local club only has trap
    and skeet.

I almost purchased an A400 Xcel Sporting, but then discovered they came out with a
    "Parallel Target" model about this time last year. The A400 PT comes with a 60/40
    rib. Sounds great for trap, but when I want to get into skeet is that going to
    put me at a disadvantage. Does anyone serious about skeet use a 60/40 rib? I don't
    think it comes with another rib. Does anyone know if the A400 Parallel Target will
    accept an Xcel Sporting barrel in case the 60/40 rib is a problem for skeet? Or,
    is the 60/40 not going to be enough rise to cause a problem with skeet?

Thanks in advance for the advise!

Steve

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Most top shooters are using 60/40 or higher. My gun shoots somewhere b/w 3" and 6" high @ 20 yds.

3. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

You'll be able to shoot it all with the Parallel Target. Trap, Skeet, 5-Stand and Sporting. I shoot a 32" 391 Gold Parallel Target for Skeet and Sporting, I've shot trap with it but prefer a break open guns at trap. I love the Berettas ability to adjust the stock. I bought this gun as an all around gun and am glad I did. Beretta make a heck of an auto for target shooting. I would like to own the new version. I know I'd like it but you have to like the blue receiver. The blue has not grown on me yet. Go for it, good shooting.

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

That gun with a 30" barrel will do just fine. It doesn't matter if you use a flat rib or step rib - they're not that much different and I've seen both used
    for skeet and sporting clays.

5. HTSmith

HTSmith Active Member

Skeet should be just fine and for most sporting targets OK as well. Only issue I can think of is sporting courses set up for competition. This usually means lots of targets dropping and looping at odd angles. A flat shooting gun seems to work better on those.

Search tags for this page

a400 xcel parallel target

beretta a400 excel shotgun for skeet

beretta a400 for skeet

beretta a400 parallel target

beretta a400 skeet

beretta a400 xcel parallel target

beretta a400 xcel parallel target for sale
difference between xcel and xcel parallel target