1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??Beretta Whitewing??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wayneo, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I saw one of these at a gun shop today. 28" barrels, looks brand new, they are asking $900.00. I read an article from Guns Magazine dated 2002 and it said these are a great value for a Field gun. It's a little light, only 6.8 lbs. Think this would make a good skeet gun? The article said it has an auto safety? I assume the safety engages when the action is closed. Can that feature be removed? Thanks for any input.

Wayne

2. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

I think that it would be too light for a Skeet gun, unless you plan to shoot it mainly with sub-gauge tubes or 7/8 oz 1200 f/s loads.

The automatic safety comes on when the gun is opened. I am pretty sure that all that needs to be done is removal of a lever that moves the safety on when the gun is opened. Beretta sells 68x guns (same action as the White Wing) touted as "sporting clays, skeet or trap" models that have a manual safety.

Jason

3. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Beretta Whitewings are great guns for the $$....I have owned a couple and regret selling them now. Yes, they have a auto safety which can be easily disconnected by a gunsmith. Also, they are a little light, but the 28" barrels are the best ones for a smoother swing. Perfect pheasant gun. I found the rib to be a little narrow. Overall, it has the same innards as the Beretta 680 series of trap, skeet, and sporting clay guns. All in all they are a quality gun...anytime you can find a quality over/under below $1000 in good shape, it is a "buy". Best Regards, Ed

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Thanks guys. Anymore?

Wayne

5. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Had a 12 and a 20 Whitewing. Both were very good shotguns. Only reason I sold them is because I had/have a black Onyx 12 gauge and a Silver Pigeon 20 gauge with a 30-inch barrel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta white wing for skeet

beretta whitewing

beretta whitewing safety
beretta whitewing value
berreta whitewing shotgun
is a beretta 1200f a good trap gun
whitewing for trap
whitewing trap