1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta White Wing with Auto Safety Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Storeman, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Storeman

Storeman Active Member

I have a Beretta White Wing from aprox.2003. I am not a bird hunter although
    I like to shoot Trap, 5 Stand & Sporting Clays. The Auto Saftey is driving
    me nuts and I want it to go away. I understand that it can be elimited by
    disconecting a simple lever. Is this something I can do by removing the stock
    and going in. I am mechanically inclined and just need some instruction on
    how to do this, or do I need to go to a Gun Smith at 125.00 per hour with a
    mini charge of 45.00. I am in need of help for a old retired person with a
    meger fixed retirement income. Thanks, Storeman

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I did mine years ago on a 686, if you take out the stock you'll see how it's activated, there's a stamped metal lip from the upper side of the tang that pushes the safety lever back, it's not difficult to bend it to the right side and clear the way.

I didn't cut it or grind it off so it can be bend back later if you want to, and it's easier.

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

There are a couple ways of doing it. Very simple. Click the link above.

BTW my 686 WhiteWing is one of the best shotguns I've ever owned.

Wayne

4. Storeman

Storeman Active Member

To Steve W, Thanks for the KISS method. Sounds like my kind of plan
    for a simple adjustment. Storeman

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Yes you can remove the bar yourself. I would advise not trying to rip out the bar or cut on it while it is in the receiver.

Once you get the stock off you will see a retaining pin that holds the safety switch in place. Drive that out and the safety comes out. Under the safety is a screw that joins the lower and upper part of the receiver frame. Thake that out. Ahead of the trigger guard is a screw with a locking screw inside of it. Remove the locking screw and the action hold down screw. The trigger group can now be removed from the reciever frame and the auto safety bar will fall right out. Reassemble in opposite order. Use exact fitting screwdrivers and don't force anything. (good opportunity to clean out any crud that may be present)

Nothing to be afraid of and actually a fun way to spend an hour or so. If you are like me you will want good light and reading glasses to get a good look at what is going on inside the action. After doing this job yourself I think you will gain the confidence to make other repairs in the future such as inertial spring replacement, firing pin cleaning/replacement etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

barretta white wing safety repair

beretta 686 safety resetting problem
beretta 686 whitewing

beretta white wing

beretta whitewing forum
beretta whitewing safety
using a beretta white wing for trap shooting