1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta VS Beretta

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jrw17, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrw17

jrw17 Member

I am considering a Beretta 686 White Onyx and a Beretta SV 10 Sporting in 12 gage. My thoughts would be to use it for skeet and I would also like to use it for upland birds. I was wondering if anyone out there had experience with either of these two. I understand that the 686 has a great history but there are some features on the SV 10 that do make it appealing.

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

I owned a couple of Onyx several years ago and they beat the crap out of me. I owned the white and the one with extra wood, both beautiful but painful.

Steve

3. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Not that I need one but I'm also in a search for an O/U for Skeet, Sporting, 5-Stand and Wobble. I do not intend to hunt with it. I looked at the ones you mentioned along with the Silver Pigeon Sporting. Have looked at and shot a few of the Brownings. I'm not gonna do anything until I can see and shoot a Browning XS Skeet.

4. BIG B

BIG B Member

Spanky;
    I have a win 101 skeet 20ga 93-95% that I might part with. Pm me if your interested.
    Thanks, Brian

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

jrw17- I have no opinion on the guns you mentioned but, just because one model kicked Steve a lot does not mean it would kick you a lot unless you mount the gun as Steve does and have exactly the same body shape as Steve has.

Pat Ireland

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

The DT 10 is several categories above -- so its not even a close call- just shoot each

I am sure you will pick the DT10 hands down for targets-- now you arent going to hunt with it

I think something like a cynergy sporting might be more dual purpose

regards from Iowa

Gene

7. chuckles

chuckles Member

jrw17....I'm experienced with both and they will shoot almost identical, the differences in the SV10 are mostly cosmetic, IMO it is a better looking gun but it is primarily a 686 dressed up for Sunday....

Either gun is adequate for hunting or shooting Skeet and will do well for either or....

Big difference in the price almost double for the SV10...

Beretta just flexing its Marketing muscle with the SV10, just a new offering...

My pick would be the 686 Onyx unless the extra money is no big deal then I would go with the SV10 (Classier looking), they are going to shoot the same.

Hope the info helps

8. craby boy

craby boy TS Member

I bought a 686 White Onyx sporting ou this past summer from Rich Cole Harpswell Me ,a great guy to deal with.

This gun has all the internal features of the other higher priced models,optima chokes plus non ajustable trigger which may prove more reliable

Rich added an ajustable comb,and kickez pad, These barrels pattern so true

it is hard to believe. I have a British shooting magazine write up for the White Onyx if you want it.

Good shooting in the new year

Pete Archibald

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bereta686 write up

beretta 686 white onyx sporting years