1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Urika 2 Parallel Target

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ludmilla, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ludmilla

Ludmilla Member

Is a Baretta Urike 2 Parallel Target a good gun for trap? Does it shoot a little high naturally? I am very new to trap and I have a field gun that shoots where I point. I was told that I would be better served by a gun that allows me to keep sight of the bird at all times. Right now, I need to cover to bird when I shoot. Therefore, I would like to get another gun that aloows me to do that. Over and unders hit me way too hard.

Nancy

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

good gun, very good choice but they shoot flat like your field gun

3. Ludmilla

Ludmilla Member

Sigh. I was looking at that one because they have an RL verion that is more suited to people my size - a gal about 5'4". I was originally looking at the Beretta Gold Trap but they do not make a version for smaller folks. I also liked the gold trap because it has the adjustable comb but I was told you could have one put on the parallel target. This is going to be tougher than I thought.

4. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The Beretta 3901 RL comes with a 26" or 28" barrel. The LOP is 12" with two 1/2" spacers supplied to increase it. The stock has the Beretta adjustment for the comb. Gun comes with one Mobile choke (IC). If you think this will suite you, please call me at 727 410 5212
    Mike Battista

5. cubancigar2000

my wife shoots a parallel target and that is an excelelnt choice. I would highly suggest trying one, if you need it to shoot higher, it can be accomplished. I doubt you will need the adj comb unless you add a high rib. Great gun and easily sold if it does not work for you

6. cubancigar2000

I forgot about the 3901, good advice Mike

7. Bridger

Bridger Member

The Parallel Target should be a good choice as well as the 3901RL. My parallel target shoots about a 60/40 pattern and you could change the stock shims or add an adjustable comb to get it to shoot higher. Should work well for you and recoil will be more tolerable than an o/u

8. shrek

shrek Active Member

Nancy,

Part of how high (or not) a gun shoots is the person shooting it, how they hold/ mount the gun relative to their eye etc.

The 391 parallel target is a good choice for you to give a try. You could raise the point of impact by putting a cheek eez pad on the comb, or maybe find one with an adjustable comb if you find that you need it to shoot higher.

It will most likely shoot higher than your field gun out of the box.

I have been considering getting one myself, although I am at the opposite end of the size range that you are at (I look about like my username).

9. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

The 391 PT is a great trap gun. You will want to cut the stock and make the comb adjustable - but that's about it. Best overall gun $$ for $$ in my opinion. Trap, sporting clays, skeet, ducks, dove, geese, turkeys... The one's at my house have done it all. We currently have three - so we like them lots....

10. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

one option is to have an adjustable comb put on your field gun so that you can raise the comb when you shoot trap. I had mine done for $150.00. well worth it to me. jm

11. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

If you like the Beretta Gold Trap you could just have the stock cut. If you got it from Etchen's I think his gunsmith charges $5 or something like that to shorten the length of pull. Or, as said above, you could get any gun you want and have an adjustable comb put on it to make it shoot higher for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

adding parallel comb on field gun