1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta unsingle trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Blakester, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

I need some imformation on the Beretta DT-10 and 682 or 687 what are the differance in these guns besides $7000.00 I am still looking for a trap gun so far my favorite is a Kolar unsingle, but I want to try everything before sticking to one gun for the rest of my life , My main concern is recoil the gun can't kick ...... Ricky

2. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Go with the 682 and you will not be sorry.

3. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

687 started life as a field gun and now is offered in competition models, 682 is a true competition gun made to be easier to rebuild than the 687. The 682 has several replaceable parts in the action that the 687 doesn't.682 also has an adjustable trigger. The DT-10, first off, is a detachable trigger(DT) gun. The actions are a completely different design than the other two, and to tell you the truth I'm not sure what the exact advantages are of it over the 682/687. Some of the other guys may be able to help with that. Garrett

4. willyo

willyo TS Member

If you want a durable trap gun, here are my personal choices:
    1. Kreghoff KS-5 ( a dynamite gun,very durable, only about 7 moving parts,very easy to overhaul - about $30.00 for a spring kit W/firing pin}. I have shot one for 30 years.
    2. Remington 90T (Designed by Don Mainline of Kolar Arms fame) Tough and super durable. Great service from Kolar if you need it.
    3. Beretta 682 X trap (These you can shoot forever also)
    4. Kolar unsingle (These are the best) worth every penny.

My first three choices are no longer in production. Good used guns are available. I reccomend them because I have shot all extensively the hardware is top quality and not plastic. $2500 should buy a good used unsingle KS-5,682 or HIPAR 90-T. Add a couple hundred to have a profesional fit it and your home for under three grand.

A used Kolar unsingle will cost about $4000 if you can find one. And as I mentioned , worth every penny.

Bill

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

"My main concern is recoil the gun can't kick ...... Ricky "

Recoil isn't part of the gun per se, but from fitment of the gun to you. I personally shoot a 682 Gold E with a Dennis DeVault custom stock. If you want no recoil, you will need to get a custom fitment or get a PFS stock. JMO

6. spritc

spritc Active Member

I've owned 3 682 Gold E combos and they each kicked the crap out of me. However, I've owned 2 DT-10 combos neither kicked me hard enough to notice. Again, fit is everything. I've owned 3 Kolar combos and recoil was not noticable on any of them. All 3 Kolars had "twisted sister" stocks, which fit me to the "T". If I were you, I would go to a dealer or a shoot where you can shoot a number of guns and make your decision from there. You can be fitted by Kolar or Dennis DeVault can make as stock for you that will fit you like a glove.

Good Luck,
    Steve

p.s. There is no comparison between a DT-10 and a 682 or 687. DT-10s are made to shoot for a lifetime, not unlike a Kolar.

7. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

llano bill, the 682's have replaceable hinge pins and barrel shoulders. Garrett

8. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

Guys I sure do thank you for the discussion we are having here about these guns, I agree about 98% about the recoil and gun fit I'm the ole farm guy that thinks some guns just kick the CRAP out of you know matter how the gun fits.
    I spent the weekend at Indiana Gun Club and shot all of these guns we are talking about and I shot the kolar and liked it better than any other gun I shot not just one, but probably 6 or 7 of them, none of them kicked, now to say all that my second favorite was the Beretta 682 unsingle not to much differance in the recoil but a whole lot of differance in the price enough I would pick the Beretta over the Kolar. Thats why I was wanting to know about the Berettas I've just never been around these guns any been mostly the more expensive guns, I'm all about saving a dollar but I also want a great product.

9. ink ball

ink ball Member

I owned a 682 Unsingle combo and it had a LOT of recoil for me. More than any trap gun that I ever owned or shot. Although I shot the gun pretty well, the recoil became an issue (and I only shoot 1 oz loads). I really like the Beretta.It is a very well made gun. but it just wasn't the gun for me. I sold the Beretta and bought a Caesar Guerini trap combo. The CG is a very soft shooting gun for me. As others have said, the key is how well the gun fits you. Try to borrow a gun similar to what you are considering and fire a few shots so that you can judge the recoil for yourself.

10. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I have to add this I have 2 Beretta shot guns a 686 combo and a 682 o/u. I purchased the 686 first and it has the old tight bore barrels and the reciol does not kick me at all. So I got a 682 gold receiver and but a set of thee new bigger bore barrels on it and it has twice the reciol of the old tight bore gun they seem to fit the same but there is something different si I put a PSF on the 682 and all is well. It is all about fit and adjustments I think most good trap guns can be made to work but it sure is nice when it works from the git go.
    Buddy

11. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I looked at many guns and owned too many before settling on the DT 10. The quality of workmanship, the weight and the size of the gun was of great importance to me. The lock up mechanism of the DT 10 is unique and solid. The drop out trigger is nice for deep cleaning. I have had two of them and I am about to sell one...just to clean out the safe. It is a top single with a RAD unit professionally installed and double release by Spears. Coin finish receiver and blue barrel. If you decide to go DT 10 I will make you a good deal.

JON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta st11 trap unsingle