1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta UGB25 Xcel

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by redix, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redix

redix TS Member

At today's PITA shoot at the Albany Gun Club in Oregon, the cocking lever of a 6 month old Beretta UGB25 Xcel fell off while its owner was shooting the Handicap event. Needless to say he had to replace the gun.

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

was it held on buy screws? or did it break in someway?

3. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

A fellow shooter brought the UBG25Xcel out to my club last week. He allowed several of us to shoot it. After some tweaking with the gun fit we went to the line. I was first, broke the first target and the following 10 to 15 (lost track how many I shot). Lucky????????

Shot 25 pair of doubles, had a 42. The gun preformed flawlessly.

I liked this trap gun; I think Beretta put a lot of thought in the design. The design is ENTIRELY different from any other trap gun. The gun took a little doing to get used too. However, after several shots it became easy.

Listed below are some of the design features.

1 Break open auto loader

2 A large lever on the left side to break it open.

3 A device on the right side to hold the second shot for doubles. The shell is actually outside of the gun held by a type of clip.

4 Adjustable comb and butt plate/pad.

5 The shell ejects from the bottom of the gun, straight down in front of you.

Each of us will have their own opinion on this trap gun with its new redical design. If you get a chance to shoot one of these new Berettas, go for it! Check them out at the URL above.

Frank

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The problem that I have with this story, as it is reported, is the fact that the gun is 6 months old. I wasn't aware there were any to be had until about a month agao.

ec90t

5. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

As you guys know from a previous thread, I've had my UGB for just about a month. I've been putting 150-200 rounds a week through it. Yesterday, I shot a 100 each of both trap and skeet targets with it with the mod choke installed. It performed flawlessly. I shot doubles at all skeet stations, just to test the mechanism. It's very fast and I'm looking forward to some trap doubles and sporting clays with this gun. If you get a chance to try one--do so. I'll think you'll be surprised at how well this gun shoots.

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Bait is not adequate...should have used a Spinner instead of a Buzz....need to go a little deeper this time of year!!

Curt

7. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

FYI ... I saw one being shot late fall 2006 and another one last spring by a gentleman from Pennsylvania so they have been out there before just a few months ago. We must all remember that just because we think they have just been released does not mean they have not been released a year or two ago to be shot and commented on for improvements before actually going fully to market with them.

8. Buddy O

Buddy O TS Member

A new $3000+ gun shouldn't break down!

9. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Fred,
    Since the gun ejects empties downward, are you saying the shooter was over 20 feet tall?

10. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

i believe this gun was introduced at the last year at vandalia

11. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Hmmm ... so that would be 2006?

12. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

REDIX, I wasn't at the shoot but I know that Marv Loy was going and he got his UgB in January or so. The gun was brought out at the grand in 2005 and never went any further then that until they got all the bugs worked out of it. Redix,dwas the shooter Marv Loy? He is a 27 yard shooter and shoots with Gerald Smallwood and John Pyatt all three men are from Oregon. I had to work or I would have been there. Jeff

13. redix

redix TS Member

The shooter was a fellow named Tony who I believe is from somewhere close to Toledo. He was accompanied by his wife who also shoots & his 4 year old boy. Starvin' Marvin & Gerald Smallwood were there too. Looks like Beretta hasn't got the bugs worked out of this model.

14. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Additional comment:

I see on several of the threads here that the ejection of the empty travels 5 yards (15 feet ?????). Not sure I am reading these threads correctly!

Take my word for what it is worth. I shot approximately 65 to 70 rounds last Wednesday at my club.

EVERY SHELL landed directly in front of me, no more than three feet from where I stood.

Frank

15. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Thatv was whatv happened when I shot the gun as well Frank. I don't know if they were exactly 3 feet but they were not more then 5 feet or so. The ejection system couldn't be better. if you had a bucket you could shoot them right into it! Jeff

16. redix

redix TS Member

Goose2: I guarantee that you'll a lot less than ecstatic when the brass of a spent shell nicks the beautiful wood on your gun's forearm or stock, or the perfect bluing on your barrel.

17. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

If you're bothered by a bouncing empty, don't consider trying Sporting Clays. There will be too many distractions to blame for your misses.

18. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Bring Extra Receiver Extra Trigger Two Aspirin

19. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Redix, you really don't know what your talking about. Yes, their were a couple of guns around a couple of years ago but were never released to the public. The gun was put to sale to dealers only a month ago. Not anytime before that. It was unvailed at the Grand in 06 but was not released. It has been in the market place for 1 month. Your story is BS. As far as getting your gun nicked by a flying shell, it won't be by a UGB since it is bottom eject. There is nothing wrong with a hearty discussion on this site but it is wrong to make up stories just to bash a gun that you know nothing about.

20. redix

redix TS Member

It's also wrong, krieghoffkrusher, to speak of an event at a shoot that you obviously did not attend.

I did not invent the age of the Beretta: that was what the owner told me. I am not bashing a gun but merely reporting a fact that I witnessed. I am truly sorry that this does not seem to square with your pre-conceived, or should I say, ill-conceived notions.

Finally, I my comment on a gun getting nicked was not limited to a shell thrown by this particular model,
    but all models, as goose2 seemed unaware of the perils of a stay shell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta ugb 25 xcel problems
beretta ugb25

beretta ugb25 problems

beretta ugb25 xcel trap

beretta ugb25 xcel trap problems

email 30570
ugb25 xcel trap guns
used beretta ugb xcel