1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BERETTA UGB25 XCEL TRAP??? EVER HEARD OF THEM

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapshootinmachine13, Feb 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootinmachine13

trapshootinmachine13 Member

i just seen a beretta ufb25 xcel trap on tv and they looked pretty cool it is a breakdown, semiauto and O/U has anyone heard of them??

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

The gun is a nightmare on break downs.

3. trapshootinmachine13

trapshootinmachine13 Member

what do you mean like hard or awasome??

4. SouthMetro Shooter

SouthMetro Shooter TS Member

I love these. My buddy owns one. I think what he means, when they break... They BREAK! and also keep it clean otherwise after 2,000-3,000 rounds, good luck getting your stuck shell out. Personally i love them, fun to shoot because there is next to no recoil.

5. BigDave1200

BigDave1200 Member

I have not seen one in person but used one's sell fast if the price is right. They have always intrigued me. It's on my list to own one day.

6. doc boc

doc boc Member

I have one and it's a great gun, perhaps the softest shooting gun you can own. Breaking down the gun is some what complicted but so are most beretta semi autos.if you can get one you'll like it. doc

7. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

great gun but like any semi got to keep em real clean Bill

8. hogfan5

hogfan5 TS Member

I bought one about a month ago for my 12 year old son who has just started shooting. It seems to be a nice gun easy on the recoil, he has shot about 2 flats of shells through it only problems so far is that all the screws for adj. comb and but plate need to be tightened every thang came loose.

9. lightning20ga

lightning20ga Member

i use clean burning powder have no problem there great shooters i use my trap model 4 everything

10. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

My local gun shop had one on the rack, brand new for under $1800. It sat for quite a while, then one of my friends bought it. He has tried, but he just can't shoot it as well as his BT99. I saw the other day that they had another one on the shelf, but didn't check the price.

11. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

The latest Trapshooting USA magazine (page 27) has a full page ad from Michael Murphy for these guns in 2 versions: Trap @ $2099 and Sporting @ $1999. Regards, Ed

12. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Pat McCarthy at Dawson's has a used one w/release trigger for sale

330-833-0014 is their phone number.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

13. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

There is a LOT of information regarding the UGB25 on this website. Just do a search.

FWIW, I have one and, like most people who own one, I think it is a great gun. It certainly breaks targets.

Ted K.

14. shrek

shrek Active Member

One of the crew I shoot with had a sporting version for a season.

He traded it off, or got rid of it in some way or another.

I know on more that one occasion it was problematic in functioning correctly.

He does not miss it.

15. ovaljack

ovaljack Member

UGB25, the answer to the question nobody asked!!!! Jack

16. SouthMetro Shooter

SouthMetro Shooter TS Member

On the lines of the guys gun having issues, they don't always come perfectly tuned. They usually work amazingly but if it isn't working right, you send it back to Beretta and they will fix/ tune it.

17. tweintraub

tweintraub Member

I shot mine and the Spring Grand for the first time. Solid gun. My only complaint is that you have to keep everything tightened down between shoots. The comb and stock have loosened up after 500 rounds. Love the gun.

18. skeeter1956

skeeter1956 Member

my mate has one and is ready to throw it in the river, keeps it clean and always serviced correctly but it has a regular habit of not locking correctly causing misfires. great gun to shoot otherwise

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.