1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

///BERETTA UGB25 -JUST CAME IN TO OUR SHOP

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by august, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. august

august TS Member

Just arrived yesterday into our store. Has anyone shot one? Are they as soft as adverstised? The one that came in has incredible wood and seems to handle well but I am mostly a sporting clays shooter. How are these being received by trap shooters? The link above takes you to Beretta's website on them.

August M. Crocker
    Fine Gun Mgr.
    Sportsman's Finest
    Austin, TX 78738
    512-263-1888
    Toll Free 877-51-SPORT
    www.sportsmansfinest.com
    e- august@sportsmansfinest.com

2. august

august TS Member

here is the one we have

3. august

august TS Member

funny you mention the Recoiless....that was my exact thought when I saw it but it works very differently. MADDOG how was the recoil when you fired it? Did you shoot any doubles??? If so how did it cycle?

August M. Crocker
    Fine Gun Mgr.
    Sportsman's Finest
    Austin, TX 78738
    512-263-1888
    Toll Free 877-51-SPORT
    www.sportsmansfinest.com
    e- august@sportsmansfinest.com

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The latch on the left side that breaks open the gun looks like it might help right-handed shooters using a release trigger to reset the trigger. It also might make it impossible for left handed shooters.

The bottom ejection makes it great for doubles, and singles too if you don't save your empties. I like all the stock adjustment features.

The short recoil system isn't as soft shooting as a gas operated system, but is easier to clean and less complicated.

If the gun functions flawlessly, it will sell - even at the $ 3,000 price. If people start reporting feeding or ejection problems...that'll be the end of it.

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Looks like a really intricately designed, well thought out, highly technological, unique idea, with absolutely no market.

What does this gun do that a conventional over-under won't.

Is the idea that now you can (more easily) use a semi-auto for international bunker, since the gun allows you to break it open moving between stations?

Like Tron said, "what's the point?"

6. sako2115

sako2115 TS Member

The question not asked is: Who did the market research? Maybe Oprah can have the designers and Beretta executives on her show?

7. frumpy

frumpy TS Member

i don't get why they had to add in the break open part. if they just made it an unsinlge semi-automatic it would be a huge seller.

8. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Beautiful wood on the gun above!

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    What a waste of fine wood.

10. ec90t

ec90t Guest

If I recall correctly, the gun was developed for the European and other markets where a semi-auto had to have an exposed magazine. They have some weird laws on both sides of the pond.

Since the USA is the largest gun market in the world, it would seem silly not to offer the gun here as well. Whether the gun takes off here in the US is still open for debate.

I for one applaud Beretta for thinking a bit outside the box and bringing the gun to market. I doubt if I'll ever own one, but you never know!

ec90t

11. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Above is the videos on this gun. Looks nice but my 391 can crush birds just as well.

Jerbear

12. august

august TS Member

in answer to above Yes that is real wood, not the "Xtrawood" (that should have never happened) For a look at all the photos of the gun you can click on the link above...I took them myself in natural light.

13. smifshot

smifshot TS Member

I also shot this gun at the Grand three years ago. It was softer shooting than a break open O/U. Saw the gun "taken down" as well. Looked well made to me and funtioned well on the 8 pair of doubles I shot. The gun operates by a "piston type" deal that moves about 1/16 inches. It was smoothe operating. The second shell sticking out the right side of the receiver looked kinda odd and was a little hard to get in the "hook". Its possible the gun will be used by younger shooters and women due to the lack of felt recoil. "build a better mousetrap",etc. Lets see how it does...Fred

14. Illuminati

Illuminati TS Member

The purpose of the gun is to combine the best features of o/u's and semi's. The break open action gives you the safety of a o/u gun but the short recoil operation gives you the recoil benefits of a semi. It has a recoil spring and dampener system at the back of the barrel under the forearm which makes this gun extremely soft to shoot. The internals of the gun have had a slight redesign that corrected some problems they were having with the original design. If you have not shot or held the newly released one you should give it a second change. I shot it out at media day at the shot show and was very impressed. I was skeptical like many of you but once I shot it I am honestly considering purchasing one. I think you will also see these out at the sporting clays range. It swings real, real nice.

15. claybustin hoosier 52

claybustin hoosier 52 Member

Shot one of the demo guns at the Grand this past year. Was not impressed with it at all. After shooting it and looking at all the moving parts would say it is a disaster looking for a place to happen. The gun was quite noisy when breaking it open. I found it hard to get my hand in a comfortable position to open it. And as for the price I think you would do just as good if not better with a 391 model. I belive this gun will go over about like the Browing recoiless, here today gone tomorrow. This is not going to be Beretta's crowing achivement. Just my 2 cents worth and I own Beretta's

John

16. claybustin hoosier 52

claybustin hoosier 52 Member

Ok, sorry about the spelling crowning ont crowing and Browning not Browing I thought I caught all the errors.

John

17. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear John

That's okay. Beretta made some slip ups too. LOL

18. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

For $3500 I'd go for the cynergy unsingle combo first Jon

19. Les Greevy

Les Greevy TS Member

This gun was designed to shoot bunker. That is the purpose of the break open feature. Once you understand that everything else makes more sense. Les

20. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Lots of comments about the Browning Recoiless. Some not so good. But, I have to say on that gun, it was recoiless. The best recoiless I ever shot, just a rotten trigger. If the new Beretta has less recoil than the Browning and has a fast trigger, I would consider buying it. My last ten years has been devoted to reducing recoil, anyway I can. If this gun does the job, a lot of people will buy it, besides me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.