1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta UGB25 EXCEL Opinions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by st8shuter, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. st8shuter

st8shuter TS Member

Alright lads, these have been out for a bit, what's the scoop, anyone using these?
    are they holding up?
    thanks

2. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I watched a fellow shoot one at the Southern Grand in handicap. That shell would hit the concrete sometimes and bounce a couple of times.

The shooter beside him would wait until the shell stopped before he mounted his gun.

I have thought about buying one to shoot singles. I shot the Beretta AL-391's better than I shoot my KX-5 or Kolar.

There have been a few threads about this subject - might want to check the archive.

FRedmon

3. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

BFU! If I won one, I'd off it ASAP!

AndyH

4. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Run a search on this site, quite a bit of info in the last few months. I have one and love it. Very low recoil, smokes targets. I am waiting for a release trigger. I wish someone would come up with a shell catcher simply because I reload. I have no problem with the ejection of hulls and no one on the line has commented, the empty is on the ground in like one tenth of a second. Kicks them about 3 feet out in front. gyrine

5. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

opening lever in awkward, and ugly. the adj. comb hardware is cheesy

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Saw my first one late yesterday. A good skeet shooter was trying it and spoke very well of it. Too late in the day for me to try it at trap and I own enough stuff now! LOL Shoot well and often, Bob

7. Baber

Baber TS Member

Shot one at bunker a few months back. Was impressed. Its the first auto I would ever consider for bunker shooting. Like I said I was impressed but not enough to buy one at $2500.

TB

8. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

For close to $3000.00 I believe you would be much better over in buying a 391 Trap gun & sending it to Dennis DeVault for a conversion, you'll get a gun that will fit you, the rib is totally adjustable with great hardware, the finish will be a piece of art & the gun will smoke targets---if you want to go the cheaper route, just get the barrel converted & install an adjustable butt plate & an adjustable comb & have the trigger tuned

Lou

9. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Lou have point! Got a DeVault 390=smokes birds.
    Dave

10. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Fredmon,

Instead of getting a different gun again, why not just get another 391? Just curious why you're thinking about a UGB instead of the 391.

11. st8shuter

st8shuter TS Member

had a 391, even with a deflector it threw empties everywhere, also i didn't care for the slamming of the bolt to close it always set off targets with the cantebury's, however my 391 ran like a top never a jam, when cleaned throughly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

is the rib adjustable on a ugb 25 excel

opinions on the ugb25 excel

ugb25 for bunker