1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta UGB25 Acel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Sailor, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

I haven't shot one myself, but I do knpow three people who have them. What do you want to know?

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I forgot...what exactly was the problem that they were the solution for?

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

It's for folks that like oddities and the unusual. A conversation piece that garners lots of attention. It personifies the term "Rube Goldberg".

4. Barry C. Roach

5 outta what?

5. Barry C. Roach

5 outta 5 or 5 outta 10?

6. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

These Are GOOD Guns. a Lot(Not All) Of People That Badmouth Them have NEVER shot One.All Of the one's with Serial #'s Above 250 That I (remember I Said I) Have Been Around Shoot & Function GREAT!!!Soft Recoil & Fast Action. Just Saying. Joe W.

7. Barry C. Roach

Who said they are bad guns. I was just trying to gauge your rating of them. Just rating them a 5 doesn't tell us much. No offense meant. Oh, and I've shot a couple of them. They shot OK.

8. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Barry, I Did not think You were Saying They were Bad Guns. I Was Just Saying They Are Good Guns. No Offense Was Intended. Joe W.

9. 20yard

20yard TS Member

you see them in Europe, the solution they provide there is to allow shooters to shoot a semi since the 2nd shot is visible outside the gun. Since in US we can shoot semi's this isn't of real value.

10. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

Can these be used in International Trap? We have an International Trap setup next to us but they don't allow the use of autos. I have heard that most bunkers don't allow the use of autos. Thanks

11. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

International trap is what they were designed for. It's a break open gun; there
    shouldn't be any objection to shooting international trap where you actually
    walk up behind the shooter ahead of you while he's shooting.

12. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Yep a break open gun that dumps shell on the ground for the price of a 682.....

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    International shooters don't load their guns after they are in their shooting position? Would this be like trap shooters loading their guns before moving to the next position?

14. doc boc

doc boc Member

Without question the softest shooting gun i have ever shot. softer than my precision fit stocked guns. can not tell you how impressive this gun is. doc

15. 20yard

20yard TS Member

In international shells are in barrel, but gun is left broke open until you are on station, gun closed when your turn to shoot. After you shoot you move off station to point between next station and load shells in gun while broke open. After shooter vacates station you move in and position leaving gun open. There are 6 shooters per field so game keeps moving. You are supposed to remove shells from barrel when you go from station 5 to 1, but I see often shell in gun when they break the bird on first shot in station 5 and are crossing back across to 1.

16. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

The reason I was told no autos is you get 2 shots at each target. If you break the target with first shot, then you have a loaded gun that takes a lot more motion/distraction to unload. I know the men that own it and shoot with them on a regular basis but was just curious about this

17. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Softest bshooting shot gun I have ever shot, hand down.

But the mechanical side of this gun made me walk away, way to many moving parts.

18. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

I've shot my UGB25 for a couple of years now, maybe 8,000 rounds through mine.

ATTENTION all "experts"(particularly those experts who don't own one): It does not have too many moving parts. It does not answer a question no one asked. It is not a solution without a problem. It is not a collector's item.

What it is, is a superb clay breaking machine. And one with low recoil. And it doesn't throw shells at or by your neighbors. And it suits a left-hander extremely well. And it doesn't break down.

Yep, it looks a little odd, particularly in the middle. But so do most trapshooters.

If you want to break a lot of targets in a row, this thing will do it. Often. If you need to cross the street only when there's a crowd, it's not for you.

This question (is a UGB25 any good?) has been asked several times on TS.com. If you want more info, just do a search for "UGB" or "UGB 25". (Don't use "Acel" - the complete name is "UGB25 Xcel".) There are several threads.

Ted K.

19. skeeter1956

skeeter1956 Member

my friend has one for trap, very soft shooting gun and he has run some very long breaks with it. only problem is you have to keep it very clean or you can have some problems with it not closing properly.[ like most autos]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.