1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta UGB Owners ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sherry2310, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sherry2310

sherry2310 TS Member

I have the UGB Trap 30" barrel and 50 3/4" with 14.5" pull. Gun is probably a couple inches longer with stock fully extended.

2. Thom Simpson

Thom Simpson Member

I like my UGB after I took off the Beretta adjustable butt pad and put a gracoil on it. I did not think that it was as soft as they claimed it to be on the recoil. The gel pad sucks. I think my 390 and 391 shoot softer than the UGB before the gracoil. I really like it now that the Gracoil is on it. Have had no issues with mine. Shoots everything, it has shook loose a few time with heavier loads. But taking the hicky on the price by buyng it early pisses me off.

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rube Goldbergs.

4. mooster1223

mooster1223 Member

I have a 30" and find the front to be a "tad" on the light side. I put a Muller choke in it and I wish the choke actually had some additional heft to it.

I really like it and shoot it well after a 2 week adjustment period. I have since purchased a Blaser that I got a GREAT DEAL on so, I've put the UGB in the safe. I'm trying to get used to just one gun. I have no intention of selling the UGB though.

At their current prices, you can't go wrong. I've had zero issues with mine that weren't related to my reloads. It takes me less than a minute to take mine apart or put it back together. I tote it around in a soft case so, there is really no need to take the barrel off of it.

They also stay nice and clean which is a welcomed attribute.

5. 3357

3357 Member

perhaps a design slightly ahead of its time?

6. sherry2310

sherry2310 TS Member

Taking it apart is a breeze...putting it together...I'll practice in the off season!

7. mooster1223

mooster1223 Member

Pulling it out of the safe by the barrel or forearm, the gun has some heft to it. As previously stated, once mounted, the weight is between your hands. I prefer a little weight forward of the hinge and this gun won't allow that. There is no room under the forearm to add any weight due to the spring for the function of the action. That is really my only complaint and the more I shot it, the more natural it felt.

I have no regrets with a 30" barrel or buying the gun in general. Mine is a SC model without the adjustable LOP or comb.

8. Gary Ferrell

Gary Ferrell Member

Sent you a PM

9. Gentlemanshooter

Gentlemanshooter TS Member

I have two Beretta UGB Trap Models to Sell.

Onle slightly used <500 Rounds the other overhauled by Beretta at Grand.

Both for $2,500 or $1,500 and $1,250 if sold seperately!

Contact me thru the forum for further discussion.

10. Thom Simpson

Thom Simpson Member

"Shook Loose" heavy loads shooting Annie Oakley. 24 gr Unique and 1and eighth loads. 5 boxes and but stock screw cam a little loose it still shot but had to hold the stock to the reciever. Did not have the allen wrench with me to reach in stock and tighten it up. I like mine dont get me wrong, I just really liked it after I put on the gracoil. I have a problem with recoil light loads will give me a very bad headache after awile. The UBG with Gracoil does not. and if Gentalmanshooter will get back to me I will take both of his.

11. Gary Ferrell

Gary Ferrell Member

12. wbill

wbill Member

Who has any of these guns left for sale? Bill

13. mooster1223

mooster1223 Member

Contact Michael Murphy & Sons in Kansas. That's where I got mine. Easy to deal with and shipped fast.

14. wbill

wbill Member

I looked on Murphy and Sons and it said they did not have any. Bill

15. mooster1223

mooster1223 Member

http://www.gunsinternational.com/Beretta-UGB-Gold-Sporting-NIB-CLOSEOUT-PRICE-.cfm?gun_id=100262081

They still have them listed. Your picture did not attach in your post. If you're looking for a "trap model" with adjustable comb, you are correct. They are out of them. Have been for a couple months. It is my understanding that the factory Beretta hardware is not worth the added cost so most guys upgrade it anyway. I have given you the link to a sporting model. Call them tomorrow. If they still have them, get one and add an adjustable comb to it if you'd like.

16. mooster1223

mooster1223 Member

I'd also like to add that the Sporting model uses the Optima HP chokes. The Trap model uses standard Optima bore. Both guns are shipped with 3 flush chokes. Mod, IM & Full.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.