1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Trap Special.....Update

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wayneo, Sep 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Well I ask about this gun gun on another thread and ended up buying it for $200.00. The wood is kind of rough, but the bluing is great. Looks like I need a new spring for the take-down lever and ejector. They work but not 100% I'm also going to need a new recoil pad, any suggestions?? I think they only made these from 1968 to 1972, then they came out with the MK II SBT. Don't have time to put it on paper, I'm going to shoot a round of trap with it tomorrow.

Wayne

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

With a bit of humor a fool is born.

harry

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Wayne, you are no fool. I would have bought that one also. The wood is fine, just go shoot it and put it away or sell it on GB for $400+

4. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I bought 1 like that for 500 and shot it but the stock had been cut sold it to my buddy for his lil girl for 500 he liked it and bought another 1 on Gin broker for 400 for himself granted they both are just started but what a cheap way to get started!! They are both well built guns,in good shape they will last till they get the new gun bug and then some!!

Shoot it enjoy it want to sell it I will give you 200 plus shipping for it!

Jerry Lewis

Ps Oh yea Limbsaver or pachmyr xlt pad for it nice and soft.

5. 85TTR

85TTR Member

Funny was just looking at this gun in a 1961 Montgomery ward catalog. A Beretta Companion folding gun listed in only 20ga and 410ga. $41.95 each. Paul

6. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Jerry, thanks for the recoil pad suggestions. I'm looking for a pre-fit one, this stock has the standard Beretta 5-3/8" pad dimensions. Maybe a Beretta Gel-Tek??

I shot two rounds of trap from the 16 yesterday, the gun functions perfect. It has the heaviest barrel I've ever seen, like the thickness of an old riot gun. It still balances well. I don't know the bore diameter but the choke measures .690", absolutely grinds targets.

Wayne

[​IMG]

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

A friend of mine had one of those in 20 gauge when we were teenagers - it was very good quality and fun to shoot. Recoil was a bit stiff due to the lite weight but the gun did shoot where you looked.

I think you got a really good deal at $200 - I know I'm not the first guy on the list that would take it off your hands at that price.

8. 391 SL

391 SL Member

Bought one a few years ago for $270. It pulverizes targets & is a fun conversation piece.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta single shot trap special

beretta trap special

beretta trap special 12 gauge