1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Teknys gold trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ihartm, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ihartm

ihartm TS Member

Pros and cons on the Beretta Teknys gold trap for trap shooting.

Thanks again

2. doubles100

doubles100 TS Member

I currently shoot a gold trap and I will tell you right now that you will be much better off to but the a Beretta 391 Parallel 32", and get some stock work done on the gun. On the Teknys you are essentially paying 800 dollars more for the removable rib and the adjustable comb and both of these are crap. The removable rib falls off after the first 3000 or so rounds, and the comb is made out of 5 cent chinese plastic "memory system" WHICH WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE GREATEST THING EVER. Don't get me wrong I love my gun after I have gotten all of the kinks out of it (ie, buy the fixed rib, the aftermarket comb piece to fix the plastic piece, and get longer posts for the aftermarket piece). However if you can get a good deal on one go for it. I would though suggest spending that 800 dollars on stock work. I have though shot my first 100 straight with that gun, won three state category and class championships in one year, multiple non-resident category championships, and it fits me perfectly, so find a gun that fits you, and your shooting style and buy it.

3. deadeye45

deadeye45 Member

ihartm,
    If you work with the shims that are available form Beretta, including putting two of them together to get DROP and Cast off/on correct (for you), you would be well advised to buy the 30" parallel target Optima. You see, if the gun fits you and shoots where you are looking, it needs NO FURTHER ADJUSTMENT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.