1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Tekneys Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by acss, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

one is a step rib- 70/30 the other is flat- 50/50?

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I shot a friend's Tekneys Sport. We put the high rib on and tried it on 5 stand. Although he had the the stock too low, I could see that gun/rib combination was going to work for me. So, I bought a Tekneys trap, which has the high rib. The gun will not shoot 100% POI, which is what I shoot for trap. The comb won't go high enough, but Tron makes a replacement kit that allows the comb to go higher. I'd say the flat rib probably shoots 50/50 to 70/30 and the high rib 70/30 to 90/10.

I shoot my high rib on Sporting clays with the comb as high as it will go. The adjustable comb hardware is a joke. My wood looks like barn siding.

You would think that Beretta could put better wood and adjustable comb hardware on a $1,900 Automatic!!!

3. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

one has a steprib the other i believe is flat w/ no ramp

4. chuckles

chuckles Member

Some Teknys came with 2 ribs and some did not...

The Step Rib was considered 70-30 to 80-20 depending on Adj Comb and fit...

The Flat Rib was considered 50-50 to 60-40 depending on Adj Comb and fit...

[​IMG]

xxx

[​IMG]

5. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

Mine came with one rib. I've never seen the other rib. But I do know there was a time that the ribs would pop off while shooting. I think they got that fixed. Thanks David

6. Prettywood

Prettywood Member

Since we're on the subject of finding things for the Teknys Gold, has anyone been able to aquire the blue enamel inserts w/out shelling out 85.00 for the whole set, plus shipping for something that shouln't fall off in the first place, when you may only need one piece? I tried many attempts to get a human to pick up a phone @ Beretta and finally thru in the towel! It shoots just fine w/out, but it be nice to replace it and be whole again!
    Please post your success story if you have one! Tim

7. Setterman

Prettywood, do you want the piece off the frame or Stock? I'm putting new wood on my gun and I plan to peel off the blue inserts on the frame. You can have em if we get them off in one piece. No guarantees!

8. Prettywood

Prettywood Member

Thanks for the reply Setterman, I'm missing the left reciever piece. When it fell off I noticed that there was zero, none, not a trace of glue residue left on te reciever. I mention that only because I'll bet they will come off with little effort. A sharp razor around the edge like loosening a pan of brownies, then something thin slidin' underneath, butta-bing!! Let me know how ya do, and we'll do a deal!! Thanks again, Tim

9. Setterman

Tim, I'll save this thread, and let you know when we attempt to take them off next week.

10. Prettywood

Prettywood Member

Thank you Sir, I look foward to hearing the details of your successful operation! Regards, Tim

11. Prettywood

Prettywood Member

12. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I had a Beretta Teknys Gold Target. It came with a 30" barrel and two ribs. I shot it well for trap and sporting clays. What I didn't like was it felt very long for me and I didn't like picking up the hulls. Beside that it was a flawless shooting gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.