1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta T1 Trap Special $$$

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sleepy bill, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sleepy bill

sleepy bill TS Member

I got to shoot a Beretta T1 Trap Special the other night at our club and the man that has the gun is wanting to sell the gun. I have never seen a trap gun built like this Beretta. It has a very thin receiver with a lever in front of the trigger guard to break the gun open. It has a 34" barrel that looks about as thick as a pump pipe. It is choked at .036" and it will smoke a target. The gun has some nice engraving on the receiver and the wood is in good shape. What is this gun worth? It has a serial #12 on it. The gun came from an estate sale and I don't think the man had shot this gun very much. By the way,"It does kick". I was thinking about buying the gun to make available to some of the SCTP kids that will be starting their new season this winter. I am not in this to make any money from the gun but to help a kid get a half way decent trap gun to shoot instead of some of the crap I have seen them try to shoot. Some of them are using a Russian trap gun that a local dealer is selling for about $300 and it is nothing but junk. Thanks in advance for any info you can furnish about this gun. Bill Hardison Memphis Sport Shooting

2. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

These guns are, I believe, were made when Garcia was the importer. They took the Beretta single shot action and put on a trap stock and forend, along with a heavy "pipe" like barrel. I had a few of them in the 70's and they sold in the $150-200 range. They are easily worth $3-350 today. A pretty well made gun that is bullet proof!

3. sleepy bill

sleepy bill TS Member

Boomer, thanks for the reply. I think the man that is selling this gun wants $295 for the gun and that sounds like a good deal for the condition it is in. It will make some kid a good starter gun.

4. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Don't let it get away. That's a good deal!! Bill

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Yes, they kick. The same gun with a field stock was marketed as the Galef "Companion", A notch in the forend accomodated the operating lever and the gun folded up completely to fit in a backpack.

If you look at the hinge area you will see that it was made with econmomy in mind. I question the price, you're getting closer to an 870 or 1100.

If you like it and can stand the recoil, of course it's your call.

By the way, a hard kicking gun will turn a youth starting out into a bowler.

HM

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

If the gun kicks why would you want a new "kid" shooter to start with a kickin gun?

BTW ... if the dealer in town is selling the Remington Spartan single shot sporting/trap gun for around $300 what is wrong with that? That gun is perfect for a kid who may or may not continue with the sport. Not every kid deserves or can afford a $1400 for a new BT99 to start with and not every kid will continue to shoot ... you should be glad that a local dealer is even supporting them by giving them a deal at all ... heck you should be in there thanking the dealer for even helping the families get a weapon for there children.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta t1
bereta t1

beretta t1