1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta SV10 Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by William Perry, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. William Perry

William Perry Member

I'm looking at this gun at a local dealer. It has the Kick-off stock but comes both ways. Any body out there shooting one, and can relate their impressions. Thanks.

Bill

2. ZTWITHE

ZTWITHE Member

Bill, I can't be of any help. But I have also been looking into buying one for a doubles gun. Would love to hear from someone that owns one also. I haven't been able to handle one yet. Where are you located that they have one in stock?

3. William Perry

William Perry Member

Google Larry's Trading Post. He sells them on the net, but also has a nice showroom. Since its new we might have to go to a shoot where there are some demos; but I have handled it.

Bill

4. LFT687

LFT687 Member

I was interested in one also. I liked the idea of reduced recoil, although every advertisement I saw the recoil reduction kept getting less and less. At a local shoot within the past year. I spoke to a gunsmith who works for Beretta. I asked about the SV10. He pulled one off the rack and handed it to me. While it fit and felt good, he said the Beretta gunsmiths were unhappy with it. Seems the designers never asked the fixers about it. He pointed out a few problems, including the hollow/plastic (designed for removal without tools)stock. Apparently it can't be cut or bent. I don't know much about these things, but he said a newer model specifically designed for trap would be coming along. He said I was better off sticking with my 687 and mentioned a few after market low recoil stocks that would work even better than the one on the SVT.

Dave

5. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about the SV 10 but I can say that Larry is a great guy to do business with. I've delt with him on more than one occasion and always satisfied. His new showroom is about a 45 minute drive from where I live and I've been meaning to go visit it. Now I have a question. Is he carrying reloading components at his new location? Thanks, Mike....

6. William Perry

William Perry Member

He told me last week he probably would not be carrying reloading items in the store. But I guess that could change. Maybe I'll wait a while on the gun and see what develops.

bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
baretts sv10 trap
beretta sv 10 trap guns
beretta sv10 problems
beretts sv-10 trap
beretts sv10 trap

sv 10 trap