1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

beretta stock shims--where to buy/what size

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by motordoctor, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motordoctor

motordoctor Me and my new wiife Staff Member

where do you get the shims to adjust the stock on a 390 beretta??? What shim gives the highest comb for a field stock to move up to less drop. motordoc
  2. Anthony12ga

Anthony12ga Member

I would check with Brownells or Coles

www.brownells.com

http://colegun.com

This is off of the Beretta USA website. Hope that it helps:

For field and sporting guns:

First the shooter should decided if any adjustment is needed. To do so the shotgun should be pattern tested at your local range to check for point of impact. Fire 3 aimed shots at a pattern board from a distance of 32 meters, using the full choke with the shells you would normally shoot. Compare the pattern impact area in relation to the point you aimed at. If the pattern is generally centered around your point of aim, no adjustment is needed. If your pattern impacts higher then your point of aim you would need to lower the comb (use a higher numbered spacer) , if the pattern impacts lower then your point of aim, raise the comb (use a lower numbered spacer). Instructions for making these adjustments is in your manual. Remember that the spacer and rear plate must match the same setting or damage to the stock may occur. The factory installed shim is the C-60-DX. Please keep in mind that these adjustments will help center your pattern but there is no way to completely fine tune the point of impact, different brands of shot shell and shot size can have a major affect on the actual pattern density and impact point.

Understanding the spacer markings:

Each spacer and plate is stamped with a letter - number sequence, for example: C-60-DX

C = Field / sporting gun

60 = The actual drop at the heel measurement in millimeters

DX = The cast that will be applied

Each spacer and plate set will give 2 different comb heights:

The stamped number corresponds to the amount of drop that will be realized at the heel of the stock, for example C-60-DX will give you 60 millimeters of drop at the heel. If you want to raise the heel higher you could install the spacer and plate to the lower number setting of C-55-DX - now the actual measurement at the heel would be 55 mm of drop. Using another higher numbered spacer like C-65-DX would lower the drop at heel by 5 mm more then the standard C-60-DX spacer.

The cast measurement is set at a value of 4 mm and can only be switched for right or left hand use. If you shoot right hand, always set the spacer on "DX" , if you shoot left hand use the "SX" position.

For trap and target shotguns:

The targeting and adjustment instructions are the same with a difference only in the shim markings: T-40-DX

T = Trap / Target

40 = The actual drop at the heel measurement in millimeters

DX = The cast that will be applied

Trap and target guns have the T-40-DX spacer factory installed. The additional spacer is a T-42.5, note that this spacer has zero cast. The "C'' stamped spacers cannot be interchanged with the "T" stamped spacers, the drop measurement would not be correct due the higher Monte Carlo comb of the trap and target stocks. The exception to this is with the 391 Teknys Gold Trap, on this model the drop dimensions are calculated using the C type spacer. The C-60 spacer is factory installed on this model and extra spacers are not supplied due to the adjustability of the comb.
  3. timberfaller

timberfaller Active Member

I just got some from Brownells.

I was told they are the ONLY ones who have them by Beretta.

good luck.

If they don't have the one you need let me know, I have a complete set of them.
  4. acss

acss Active Member

put in a 50/65 mm it'll be the best--and yes, brownells
  5. mikezookie

mikezookie Member

Let me know what you need and I will check my stock of hundreds of Beretta auto parts. I can beat all retail prices.

Mike
  6. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

email sent to Tom......phil
  7. motordoctor

motordoctor Me and my new wiife Staff Member

tom. i did not know that you could use a shim on the 303 guns. I had to have my inletted to get more offset by a stockmaker. how about a picture or more info. thanks motordoc
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.