1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Stock Bolt washer...

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by WJN, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WJN

WJN TS Member

0   0   0

Wasn't sure where to put this. I am looking for a 680 O/U stock bolt washer. The flat one (not the star shaped one). MWG doesn't carry them and I am not sure what size or hardness they are.

Anyone know where they could be found or know the specifications off hand?

Thanks for any help.

Jim

2. WJN

WJN TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks - I'll give them a call.

Jim

3. WJN

WJN TS Member

0   0   0

FYI - Wenig only has custom washers they use with their hardware. That was about as far as the conversation got.

Beretta told me they had turned over all their spare parts to Brownells. They didn't have it nor did MWG or Coles.

BerettaUSA service has my name and address and said they would try to locate one but not to count on it. I am wondering if they changed the washer in the past few years. Seems very odd. I thought all Beretta 680 series O/U would be the same.

4. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

Send me a photo of what you need, I may have one. Roy

5. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I travel to Milan on Sunday, will visit Brescia on Tuesday.

I can stop by Beretta and grab one for you...

6. WJN

WJN TS Member

0   0   0

OK - I took apart one of my other Berettas (682) that is new and it is a different set of parts. It has a concave washer face (flat on stock side) and another convex washer that fit together.

The older one is just a thick (4.3mm thick) washer for the 6mm bolt and is 22mm outside diameter. There is a small recess on the bolt head side of the washer that the star washer fits in. Not sure the recess is necessary. Had those measurements written down previously.

I will have to take another gun apart to get a picture - so I might get to that later.

Jim

P.S. I am wondering if the newer mating washers would work just as well.....

7. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

The concave/convex washers are designed to relieve torque the bolt may put on the stock - slight miss-alignment hereis one of the major causes of split stocks, so it is a good safeguard.

8. WJN

WJN TS Member

0   0   0

Package showed up today from Beretta USA. They sent me a washer. Great people to deal with - Thanks Rick.

I had also ordered the concave/convex washer set from Brownells.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 680 series stock torque value for bolts