1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BERETTA STOCK BOLT REMOVAL

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BULLDOG71, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BULLDOG71

BULLDOG71 TS Member

I need to remove the stock bolt from my 686 and transfer it to a new Wenig stock, what's the the procedure?

2. BULLDOG71

BULLDOG71 TS Member

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Bulldog71,

You would need to remove the pad from the stock (typically held in place with Philips head screws). The bolt is a metric hex-head socket (5mm I think).

There MAY be a problem - some of these bolts were held into the stock and are a bear to remove (if this is the case be careful - if you put too much pressure on the bolt you can damage the stock) - others will just slide out. There should be a washer or large bushing (depends on the bolt length) and then there should be a rounded cup shaped washer directly under the head of the bolt - this lets the bolt apply pressure perpendicularly to the stock.

Good luck.

4. oletymer

oletymer Member

6mm on the stock bolt.

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I can tell you from personal experience that you must, I repeat must be careful when putting the new stock on as they use different lengths of bolts. I put a stock on my 686 that came off another 686 and the bolt screwed into the trigger assembly. It was not good. I used a 12 inch 1/4 inch extension and 6 mm hex socket. Nothing to getting the stock off. As mentioned above, hang on to the receiver. I would recommend putting the receiver into a vise and then you can gently pull the stock loose as you unscrew the stock bolt. Jackie B.

6. BULLDOG71

BULLDOG71 TS Member

Just to clarify, I am not having trouble removing the stock from the 686. I wanted to know how to remove the stockbolt itself from the old stock and then transfer it(the bolt) to the new stock.

7. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

The transfer should not be a problem. Should drop right in if new hole is the right size. Make sure there is no more than 3/8in of the bolt sticking through the new hole or it will bend your trigger assy and prevent proper function when you tighten reciever to new stock. I hope I understood your question correctly and gave you a good answer. Todd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
686beretta how to remove stock
beretta stock bolt full
beretta stock bolt games
beretta stock bolt torque
how much to tighten 686 stock bolt
how to remove a beretta 686 stock
stock bolt removal tool beretta

what is dimension of a beretta 686 stock bolt