1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Stock Bolt / Finish Removal

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 3200, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3200

3200 TS Member

Do all Berettas use the same length stock bolt? OR do they use a combination of longer/shorter bolts and spacers?

Secondly, any recommendations for removing the thick, "DuPont RKW-like" urethane finish from a Beretta stock and forend? I'm trying to avoid the heavy sanding that might otherwise be involved. Anyone try this stuff from Brownells?

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=4984&title=CERTISTRIP

I'd like to get to a point where I could apply and have a satin oil finish.

2. steevo

steevo TS Member

I dont know if it will help much, since I am not by any means a woodworker, or a pro at doing stocks. But, I had a stock a few years back, that I just took to a "stripper", who stripped the finish right down to bare wood. They dunked the whole stock into a chemical tank, and when I got it back, all I had to do was sand a couple deep gouges, and it was ready for finishing. Was easy. Just had to make sure I protected the checkering, since the wetness might have ruined it. Steve

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I've seen a few strippers that were good with wood, Didn't know they worked on stocks too.

Jim

4. steevo

steevo TS Member

No I didnt. Not that kind of stripper. Should have expected a comment like that though. I suppose I asked for it. Yup, the one I went to is in Haverhill, MA. I think the name is Pentucket Stripper. Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 686 stock removal

remove wood stock beretta 686