1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

beretta SO4 vs perugini visini maestro

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rickd, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickd

rickd TS Member

trying to decide which gun to purchase : Beretta SO4 or Perugini visini maestro used mostly for 16yd ATA trap and some sporting clays. I love the Beretta line but the P and V looks like a carbon copy of a Perazzi. Both are in exc cond and similar in price

looking for comments and recommendations
    Rick

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Although SO4 is a wonderful gun, but If you manage to find a Perugini Visini in the same price range as a SO4, I suggest you jump on it, or at least walk away from the SO4 if they're similar priced.

3. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

go with P and V, if you go to sunrise productions website they did a tour on shotgun joarnal years ago, bruce scott used to shoot one , there super sweet...............

4. decimamas 54

decimamas 54 Active Member

I know Visini & Perugini since 1980 and their products are more than excelent.
    Their "Over under" is not a copy of Perazzi because if you look close it is made much much better and different. If the "maestro" fits you it is the gun to buy. The other side of the coin is that Beretta SO4 it is a well known gun and probably the day you want to sell it will be much easyer to do.

5. rickd

rickd TS Member

thank you Decimamas 54
    and thank you Sean. I found the shotgun journal episode you spoke of and am totally convinced of the superb quality of the Perugini and Visini gun after watching it
    Rickd

6. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

rick, Griffin and Howe has a nice 32'' in there used section, also a man by the name of steve sidku or something used to sell them at pigeon shoots, look under gunstockblanks.co.uk i think, either way goodluck on your purchase enjoy the thrill of finding one and take your time, pacific sporting arms has a nice older so-4, these are two good choices, please show us pics when done, thanks sean.

7. Gil

Gil Member

rickd, I shot an SO4 for 15 years in Europe and had to replace springs and one ejector. I have never found another gun with the balance and quickness of an SO4. Beretta now makes an SO5 that is stronger but does not have the balance in my opinion of the SO4. Both guns are best guns, but from experience I would go for the SO4. George Miller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
is a beretta so4 ever a so5
perugini & visini guns for sale

perugini & visini maestro

perugini & visini maestro for sale
perugini and visini maestro for sale world wide
perugini maestro
perugini visini maestro
perugini visini vs perazzi