1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Slide Trigger?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

What exactly is a "slide trigger?"

2. BD457

BD457 Member

It's a trigger that can be moved by means of a screw to any one of three positions to adjust finger position. You can move the trigger a little forward or a little backwards to accommodate you your finger length........ Did that make sense?

The screw on my 682x is frozen ( just in case anybody knows how I should free it up ) :)

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Thanks, that is easy to understand! I sold my only shotgun today so I need to hurry about and buy another.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

BD457,

Try some PB Blaster and let it soak in overnight. The PB shouldn't hurt the receiever but you may want to cover your stock with some rags or remove it before spraying. You may also try heating the screw with a small tipped soldering iron. If someone applied thread lock, the heat will allow it to be loosened.

5. BD457

BD457 Member

Thanks GRNTITAN! I didn't think of the soldering iron. Never heard of PB Blaster. My next step was going to be Kroil.

6. grntitan

Kroil will work too. The PB Blaster is a Penetrating oil that works really good with frozen bolts and screws. Its available at Wal Mart and Auto Zone.

7. build4u

build4u Member

I just moved the trigger back on my friends 682. The screw has to come all the way out, not just be loosened. I also had to take some material off the bottom of the trigger for the 3rd notch back position. It would hit the trigger gaurd before the sear would release. There are 3 notches, they do not slide on a dovetail.

8. grntitan

Beretta 682 Gold E with slide trigger.

[​IMG]

9. build4u

build4u Member

I should clear up my posting, I did it quick before taking the kids to school. The trigger does slide on a dovetail but only to three fixed positions. The grooves for the screw can not be seen with the trigger set in the middle position. You have to pull the screw completely out to get the trigger to move.That the way it was set up on my friends not sure of the era. David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.