Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

beretta silver snipe

5K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Pocatello 
#1 ·
are these any good?will be used on doves/upland only.300-400 rnds per year max.

thank you. tracy

#2 ·
You don't give much information...

What gauge? What barrel length? Vent rib?? Single selective trigger?? Ejectors versus extractors?

It is a Beretta so it should be a good gun. They were made from 1955 to 1967, so how much wear is on the gun now??

Blue book goes from 450 to 2,150 depending on grade and configuration...

#6 ·
My shooting buddy had one for a short period. I was less than impressed with the Snipe and it seems Beretta was trying to make a very inexpensive entry level O/U. He paid about $300 bucks for it, so its not the worst gun for the money I have seen. Parts are NON-EXISTENT and the way I understand what he said is there are no interchangeable parts with other Berettas. I believe it was choked Mod/Full. May or may not be what your wanting.

#8 ·
I bought one new about 1968 for $198, because I could not afford a Browning Superposed for $400. It was a 20 gauge, 3", M/F, 28" barrels, nonselective single trigger, extractors only. I shot a lot of pheasants with it in Michigan in the mid 70s, and traded it on an 870 TB around 1977. I still have the 870, but wish I still had the Beretta. I bought a new Citori 20 gauge around 1980 for about $435, and still have it, but would trade it in an instant for my old Silver Snipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.