1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Silver Snipe

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jfesi, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfesi

jfesi Member

My 13 year old has expressed an interest in shooting trap and some sporting clays with me. I have been looking for an O/U for him and mabye my wife to use a little, but did not want to spend too much. I found a very nice Beretta Silver Snipe with a vent rib and MC stock. The price is right. Does anyone have any pros or cons on these guns?

Thanks, Joe

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Ruger Red Lable would be a good choice. Browning Citori would also be a good one.

3. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

On the Silver and Gold Snipes, parts are almost non-existant for them.
    Mike Battista

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

A friend of mine picked up a basket case silver snipe a few years ago. This gun was literally in pieces in a box. Fortunately all the parts were there because we couldn't find a parts source. We got it put together and functioning and it shot okay but it did kick. This really isn't a target model.

Why not look at a good quality autoloader like the Beretta 391? Not exactly cheap but it is a good tool for most of the clay target games.

5. jfesi

jfesi Member

Thanks everyone for your input. You've made me think of another direction to get him started!

Thanks again, Joe

6. jfesi

jfesi Member

Thanks everyone for your input. You've made me think of another direction to get him started!

Thanks again, Joe

7. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

I agree with the above advice. Get him into an auto and let him worry about shooting not recoil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.