1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Silver Pigeon Trigger help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by minnship8, Aug 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

Shot a friends Beretta Silver Pigeon Trap top single today. He's been having an issue with the firing pin sometimes leaving only a trace of a dimple in the primer and the shell unfired. It happened to me, twice in my first 7 shells and then didn't happen again all round of 25.

Thoughts?

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

When was the last time the springs were changed and the action cleaned and oiled properly?

ss

3. beaker100

beaker100 Member

hi minnship8, pay particular attention to the cocking rod return spring. you can test to see if these springs are good by cocking the gun. then take the forearm and bbl off of the reciever. looking into the the reciever from the front on the right and left on the bottom you will see the end of the cocking rods. using a small object push on the end of the cocking rods and see if they are spring loaded. the rods should push in approx 3/8" then rebound under spring pressure when you let off pushing on the cocking rods.

if the cocking rod return springs are bad the hammer as it travels forward to the firing pin has to move the cocking rod forward loosing inerta and leading to uneven primer ignition.

any questions give me a call (573)286-9905 jd28hd@aol.com doug hubbart gunsmith

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Pop the stock off and check the mainspring guide rods. On the end of each rod is a crimped-on nut. If the end of the rod is broken, the hammer will travel forward, tight to the receiver, and hold the firing pin out the breech face.

The Beretta has a rebounding hammer. To be sure it rebounds properly, anytime a new mainspring assy is installed, the nut on the end of the rod needs to be turned until the hammer rebounds enough for the firing pins to retract properly, and then crimped into place.

5. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

I had that problem with debris in the firing pin channel.

Can't say if it is cricket but I spray oiled G96 gun treatment thru the FP hole to rinse it out.

You don't want too much oil in the action.

regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.