1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta silver pigeon top single opinions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jrb100, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrb100

jrb100 Active Member

I am thinking about buying a 686 silver pigeon top single,and was wondering how it compares to the 687 silver pigeon series .

thanks,
    joe

2. claybustin hoosier 52

claybustin hoosier 52 Member

Joe I bought one back in 2000 and for the money I think they are fine gun. Basically the receivers are the same on a 686, 687 or 682. The biggest difference I think is the grade of wood they use. I shot mine up until the 2007 Grand. Got a heck of a deal on a DT 10 I bought from Joel Etchen. Only problem I had with mine was a broken inertia spring at the 2007 Grand.

John

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I had one that I sold, I would buy it back from the guy in a minute, but he likes it too much to sell it back. I shot better than 45,000 rounds through it. No trouble of any kind. I did clean it once and a while. The wood was not as pretty as the more expensive models, but pretty wood does not break targets. Good Luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.