1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

beretta selector screw

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jimmyc, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Does anyone know the size of the screw used to lock the selectors on the beretta 680 series o/u shotguns?
    Jimmy

2. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Jimmy that is going to be a Hard one to get i just checked colegun.com they have the scematic posted for the 680 series and it does not show that screw, you will probaly have to go to Beretta to get it. Tony

https://colegun.com/beretta-parts-series-680-c-2_22.html?

3. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Tony,
    They list it as part number 116. I would order it but they have a $10 min order. If I cant find it local ill just have to find some more stuff to order.
    Jimmy

4. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

You are right, it dont show it in the Pic but you found it in the list, I have one but it is from My 682 Gold E and it has a perfectaly shaped Head on it to just fit, so I dont think you will find one at ACE Hardware.

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

As stiff as my 687's safety is to move, I wouldn't know why I'd want to lock it. Besides, my son and I will be using our 687s with their O/U barrels for dove hunting in a few weeks and we'll need those to work.

Ed

6. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

It doesn't lock the safety. Just the barrel selector.
    Jimmy

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I have the same thoughts about that - do you really think it is that easy to move unintentionally? All those shooters with top single combos who cannot lock their selector must be having a lot of trouble!

Ed

8. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I shoot a 686 without the lock, it has only been a problem maybe 2 times that I remember, I check it when I'm putting it together.

tony

9. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I was beginning to wonder about whether all 680 series have them? I have a 686 silver pigeon and don't remember it having a screw on the selector. I fell off a ladder this past weekend otherwise I would go get it out of the safe and look at it and see. Jackie B.

10. skeezix

skeezix Member

no, they don't all have them - I have a 682 trap dating from the late 80's that does. The current gold E sporting/skeet do not. I have a 687 sporting from early 90's that does not.

john

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta 680 selector screw

beretta 686 trap why is the selector screwed