1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??Beretta SBT Mark II??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ExFedex, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Neighbor wishes to sell me the above mentioned trap gun. It has a silver pigeon/dove inlay on top lever and the words Mark II in gold letters on bottom of receiver. Gun is about 100% as owner was a skeet shooter many years ago. Am told it is about a 1972 vintage gun that was built to be competitive with the early BT-99 model. Anybody have any knowledge about the good and bad points of these guns? Are parts still available for them? Thanks again for your input. Bill H.

2. new loader

new loader Member

Good guns, poor man's BT. Don't know about parts, never needed any.

<a href="http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f26/newloader/?action=view&current=MKII_1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f26/newloader/?action=view&current=MKII_2.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Nice heavy gun with a great choke. The barrel is quite thick which makes it front heavy.

I never heard of one breaking. Made to resemble the "BL" series. I would buy one if the price was good.

HM

4. twopipe

twopipe Member

I had one for a while, good choice if the price is right. A little heavier than a BT 99, especially the barrel. I don't know of any bad points.

5. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Thanks again. Thats the gun and the price is very reasonable. Will be a good one for my son to shoot.

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

MARK II is a GREAT gun and one of the best bang-for-the-buck "sleeper" trap guns around. They're heavier and better quality than the newer BT99s in my opinion. Here's a re-print of my old post to the last fellow who asked about the Mark II...
    -Gary

Subject: Value of a Beretta Mark II ?
    Email:
    Date: Sun, Apr 13, 2008 - 11:35 AM ET
    Website Address:

Tim: You are in luck - a gentleman named Reginald Todd Sr., who posts regularly on this forum, knows more about the Mark II than anyone around. I'll bet that he will reply soon. Secondly, be aware that at least half the people who comment on the Mark II will confuse it with Beretta's cheaper beginner trap guns from the same era (e.g. their Trap Special). I cautiously bought a beautiful Mark II several months ago for $595 out-the-door and it turned out to be one of the best deals I've ever landed. The gun is built like a TANK, the barrel walls are about 1/10" thick at the muzzle, the ejectors and everything else work perfectly, and it shoots GREAT. Low recoil too, because it is massive. I had shopped Ohio guns shows for 16 months looking for a decent affordable used BT99 or BT100 but the only ones I saw for under $850 were too roughed-up for my taste. I "compromised" by buying the Mark II and it turned out as no compromise at all. No choke tubes, but full is all I needed. The $725 price you mentioned sounds just a bit high, but maybe you can negotiate and get yourself a superb singles gun. Good luck.

7. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

I have one I am sort of interested in, but the latest "Blue Book" shows $495 as top dollar for a 100% gun...$425 for 98%. There is one on GunsAmerica for $1150. I know the Blue Book can be too high on some guns and too low on others, so what is the "expected ballpark" figure for one of these in good shape? If it is in the BT-99 range, wouldn't a good BT-99 be better in case of resale? Best Regards, Ed

8. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Know of 2 being sold in my area in in the last year. One for $475 and one for $600. Both were in about same condition. Looked like your picture. Paul

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I would say the reason Blue Book prices may be lower would be age and parts availability.

They may be higher for a lot of reasons. Thye 475 to 600 area is a good value.

795, I would shop BT99's and 1150 had to come right out of the crack pipe.

JMO

HM

10. shadow

shadow Active Member

Several years ago I bought one for a project gun,paid $275 for a pretty nice one. I was going to have it overbored and leave the choke alone. Should have been just what I needed for those "parking lot shoots" that are so common around here. Never did get the work done and finally sold the gun for $300. Woe is me !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.