1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta S687

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ron Adams, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Ron Adams

Ron Adams Member

What's ya'll thoughts on a Beretta S687 w/28inch ported barrels.
    Have a chance to buy it , really like how it shoots trap.
    Very soft recoil .

Ron A.

2. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Ron,

You may want to look at Joel Etchen's website before you commit to buying that particular gun. Joel has a custom version of the 687 made with trap barrels and stock. It might save you a step in the gun purchasing process.

-Aaron

3. Ron Adams

Ron Adams Member

Thanks for the reply Avaides but I can buy this shotgun for less than half of what Joel is asking .

Ron A.

4. Ron Adams

Ron Adams Member

Thanks Smonk'n Joe , I'll keep what you say in mind. I have been shooting it in a couple matches now and the owner which is a friend told me to keep it and use it till I make up my mind. Like I said before , So far it is doing as good as my other O/U but not as good as my Browning Gold. Now some of that could have something to do with the XXX behind the trigger .

Ron A.

5. Ron Adams

Ron Adams Member

6. Ron Adams

Ron Adams Member

7. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

If you shoot it well and the price is right get it.

If you evolve and need a longer barrel(s)any 68x barrel will fit, some minor fitting may be necessary.

I bought a sporting 682 w/ 28" ported barrels way back when, it has evolved into an Unsingle fixed full choke with Precision Fit Stock singles and handicap gun.

Jason

8. Ron Adams

Ron Adams Member

Thanks A Bunch waverider,
    Like the price and so far like the way it shoots, but still have not made up my mind.
    It does have some signs of use, it was used for bird hunting plus skeet shooting. Just a few dings in the wood .No really bad issues.

Ron A.

9. Ron Adams

Ron Adams Member