1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta S04 - Opinions?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by romie, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romie

romie Active Member

You don't find many for sale

2. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Cheaply made...you can do better, keep looking.

3. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

I know, it's a shame...

4. sovrapposto

sovrapposto TS Member

I think buzzgun has the Hulu SO model confused with the Beretta SO guns. I have only 1 now due to ups destroying my other one! The SO4 was developed for International trap and skeet so they are very fast guns. I shoot both Intl trap and Intl skeet with mine but they are a little light for American trap or skeet. The workmanship is superb and the inside is finished as nice as the outside. Did you know that Lucio Sosta of Perazzi shot a SO4 in Italy before he went to work for Perazzi? He told me that the SO4 was the finest sidelock competition ever made. Jerry

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

There are both S models and S0 models -- they are often confused or even misrepresented

the S models are not made for the demands of target shooting

the S0 models are

neither is cheaply made -- have no idea where that comment came from

Gene

6. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Most World Class clay shooters abandon their Perazzis for SO Berettas when they can find them......

7. the chink

the chink TS Member

SO4 is a serious olympic trap and olympic skeet gun.

the SO series are excellent shooters with beautiful mechanicals to boot. In my opinion if i ever win the lottery and live in a country where my guns can live at home, then I'll have a SO maybe the 9.

Michael Diamond and Russel Mark used to shoot SO4 if i remember correctly.

i have shot them before and they are lightning fast with lovely triggers and beautiful wood and barrel finish. the high grade ones are also lovely to look at. aim to get the ones that are slighlty older; new, but old stock(i like the late 1970s early 80s ones best) for the absolute best production sidelocks in Italian gunmaking.

cheers, TC

8. romie

romie Active Member

Gene
    I just purchased a S-2 that is a sidelock and is stamped on the triggerguard S-2 also inside.If I look at Beretta book it has the pigeon on the lever and the exact engraving as the picture of the So-2.Is it a so or not.
    By the way I am crazy about it,seems built to shoot.
    Monty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta s04
beretta so4
beretta so4 history

beretta so4 review

beretta so4 skeet

beretta so4 trap history
bet beretta for olympic trap
history of beretta so4 shotguns models