1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Repair

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gyrine, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I have to send in my less than a month old Beretta UGB25 which is definitly broke. I have had no response from Beretta Customer Service, so I'm just going to send it in. Should I send it to the East Coast or West Coast repair facility? I get the impression from threads on this forum that Beretta service sucks. Does one repair facility suck less than the other. Thanks, Richard Strickland, gyrine

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

East Coast NFG

Lou

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Lou- NFG what does that mean

Lou

4. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Call Cole Gunsmithing in Maine
    1-800-650-2653

They will help you sort this out.

If I may ask, what broke?

I shot 100 doubles with a demo gun at the Ca State Shoot. Ingenious mechanical marvel, Sweet recoil, but way too many moving parts for me.

My guess if NFG = No ------- Good.

5. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I agree with 391. Call Cole as they do warranty work for Beretta. Whether you still have to contact Beretta is the question. I would call Cole and they probably will give you assistance as to what to do. Cole does excellent work. Good Luck. Ed

6. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

West Coast NMB

John

7. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

gyrine, I had Beretta Tomcat (new) with broken safety and awful trigger pull within 30 days of purchase. Sent it back to Accokeek MD via my dealer for $11.00. Expected it to take a couple months. It came back in about 2 and a half weeks. They said they couldn't repair the old one and they sent a brand new gun. Shipping via your dealer may be cheaper because they can ship via the post office. I sent a letter with it explaining the problem. Hope you have a good experience. John E.

8. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

After about 400 rounds it stopped ejecting. I did a real good cleaning, no improvement. Sunday in the middle of a registered shoot the gun froze up with the bolt in a rearward position. When I got it home and took it apart by removing the trigger group I found that some kind of stamped metal lever gizmo which is attached up the inside of the action on the upper right side with a fat pin that goes through the action wall had come off, pin and all, and jammed behind the bolt. I got it out. It was chewed up some and I couldn't tell if the lever had been bent, it is a twisty sort of thing anyway. I didn't try to put it back together because of the damage to the parts. Here is what I think happened. That lever gizmo started coming loose a while back and was dragging on the bolt which affected the ejection process by slowing down the bolt. Finally something gave. I will call Cole on Tuesday. I had misgivings when I bought the gun, new model and complicated but I did it anyway. Now it looks like a big mistake although it was a lot of fun to shoot when it was working. gyrine

9. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I called Coles this morning and they told me if I needed warranty work I have to send the gun to Beretta. I boxed it up and it is off to Accokeek with my fingers crossed. Wish me luck. gyrine

10. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta 391 gun repairs
beretta gun repair
beretta repair

beretta shotgun repairs

how to repair beretta tomcat
where to send beretta 391 extreme for repair