1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rad 53, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rad 53

rad 53 Member

I have been unable to get on Beretta's website for some reason, so can any of the Beretta experts please tell me if there is a trap or sporting model Beretta O/U 12 gauge gun available that has both the kickoff and adjustable comb features factory fitted? Thanks, Donald.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Donald,

Do not get the Factory Beretta adjustable comb. Their memory system Sucks!

I'd buy one without the adjustable comb and have one installed by a professional. The aftermarket twin post style is a lot easier to use.

ss

3. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

I have to concur with ShortShucker. I am looking at a DT10 curerntly, it fits the bill for what you want although a touch pricey. The memory system is odd. I am still not sure how it works and I much prefer counting my little spacers and knowing how high the comb is. I have the two post design on a KS-5 and an SKB and they just work. The recoil reduction thing seems to work although I have the mercury ones in other guns that do the job too.

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

ss and dcb are correct on the Beretta memory system for the comb, but i'd suggest you order it anyway. The go to Joel Etchen's web site and buy his replacement metal hardware. It works like a charm, and there is no cutting or machining involved. It is a direct replacement.

While you are on Joel's site, check out his prices on Berettas. They are quite good, plus he will deal.

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Another echo on SS. The adjustable comb from the Beretta shop leaves a lot to be desired. You can get a much better set up at a lower cost by having someone like Tron (Joe Bowles) do this work. Also eliminates the hassle of a custom order.

6. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

The adjustable comb on a current model Beretta is made from plastic. It breaks. Easily. Don't ask me how I know this.

However, Grayco (the makers of the GraCoil recoil absorption system) makes an aluminum replacement for the plastic Beretta adjustable comb mechanism. The Grayco replacement fits the inletting in both the Beretta comb and the Beretta stock perfectly.

See "Factory Replacement Hardware" at the bottom of

http://graco-corp.com/adjustable-comb-hardware.aspx?CategoryId=23

for pictures and pricing.

Ted K.

7. 682LINY

682LINY Member

i belive the comb hardware is carbon fiber not plastic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.