1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I have a chance to buy a real nice looking Beretta 682 Gold E Unsingle. I have shouldered the gun and love the way it feels and looks. My main question is what are the goods and bads of this gun? What can i expect as far as reliability? What is the going rate for a like new say 98-99% gun? Thanks in advance---Matt

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Is the gun a unsingle or a combo, a combo should be approx $3500 & a single 2900. The Beretta is a good gun, but if there is an O/U barrel check to see if both barrels shoot to the same point. Bereta's o/u barrels sometimes shoot to differet spots.

Phil Berkowitz

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I have three Beretta O/U's - a 686 X-Trap, a 687 Sporting Clays gun, and a DT-10.

I love them all.

The 682 is a 'return' to an older style frame (the parts for all the 68X series gun interchange - in theory). the guns are very solid.

I cannot tell you how many rounds I have fired with no problems what so ever.

If the price is right, and the feel is right and you are happy with how it shoots I see no reason to NOT buy the gun.

Good luck,

David D

4. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

In my oppionion the 680 682 686 are some of the finest most reliable target guns ever produced. I shoot my 682X for Trap, Skeet and Sporting. I have three barrels and the gun is just a joy to shoot.

Ronbo

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

gold E used like 98 percent

probably 2900 combo on the open market and 2100 only one barrel

98 percent is a pretty high mark though

Gene

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for the input. The reliability factor is what i was really concerned with. I'm a Browning person and just kinda feel in love with a new girl so to speak. The price ranges you guys threw out will surely help in my negotiations. I was looking at the Unsingle only but i may just look for the combo now.------Matt

7. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I gave up a Browning Citori that I had made All American Military 5 times when I was on active duty for a Beretta!

Ronbo

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I have two 682x combos. Very reliable with the only weak part being the inertia reset spring. These tend to break after 15K-20K rounds and then only when you are in the middle of a round of registered doubles. These are $5 parts that you can replace yourself. I do it every year.

The better of my two guns was probably a 95% gun when I bought it 5 years ago, the sale price was $2100 from a well known outfit in Ohio. This is for a top single combo - left handed gun with nice factory wood.

9. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

You can purchase a new 687 Silver Pigeon II grade unsingle from Joel Etchen Guns for $3,450 or a combo for $4,050.

These guns are special-ordered by Joel every year and are mechanically the same as a 682 Gold E except they do not have that gun's position-adjustable trigger, but that can be retrofitted for less than $100. Cosmetically, the 687 SPII has nicer engraving and more of it and Joel specifies an oil finish on the wood because it is easier for an owner to repair in the event of a scratch.

Look at them on his website (link above).

Ed

10. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I believe a 98% combo would bring more like $3600 to $4000.

they are great guns, a little light for handicap loads, but about a 1.25 lb. weight in the butt stock will tame them down, I really enjoy shooting my unsingle.

tony

11. RichardSears

RichardSears TS Member

I have a 682 gold e unsingle combo, like new, for sale if interested. Includes extended optima chokes, double gun americase, precision fit stock, and all original items.

12. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

"I have a 682 gold e unsingle combo, like new, for sale if interested. Includes extended optima chokes, double gun americase, precision fit stock, and all original items."

how $$$$???

tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.