1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Question re. 303 and 390

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Chango2, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Picked up a 390 Trapgun. I have a 303 field gun. Will: 1. 303 barrels work on the 390? Is it an exact interchange? 2. Are the triggers the same? Will a 303 release hook work in the 390 trigger group? 3. My 303 pull trigger is "tuned" and lighter; will it drop right in to the 390?

Thanks

(This is likely a particularly appropriate question for TRON and "Kitty"...)

2. jt4emert

jt4emert Member

I've owned them both at the same time and the BBLS. don't interchange , but the triggers did. Hope this helps. Jim

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Barrels, no. Everything else yes. You may not have the proper pin/detent arrangement depending on which way you go.

When my friend used my 303 trigger on his 390 he had to put a piece of tape over the rear trigger pin, mine did not have the right detent spring.

Release hooks will work on both, same hook.

HM

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Thanks Halfmile. I went looking for a release hook I had around here, saw it a week or two ago, can't find it now. I wonder if anybody out there knows where it is!

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have a 303 barrel and it fits right on and works on a 390

Tron?

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

A 303 barrel will fit on a 390 IF you either make a modification to the forearm by notching out the front support ring or grinding off the cylinder support on the barrel (risky, there are gas ports in there that can not be ground into). You will notice that there is a triangular metal support just in front of the cylinder on a 303, where there is no such support on a 390. Yes, all other parts mentioned interchange.

It's far easier to grind a notch in the forearm ring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 303 barrel on 390 interchange

putting a 303 barrel on a 390