1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BERETTA PX4 STORM COMPACT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Loyac, Sep 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loyac

Loyac Member

Can anyone provide first hand observations (good or bad) on the Beretta PX4 Storm; mechanics, reliability, ergonomics, etc... Thanks. john

2. MikeInNPR

MikeInNPR Member

Fondled a couple, never fired one. One of the best "feel in hand" guns I have picked up. Myself I am a fan of the DA/SA with Safety/Decocker system. This may not be the fire system for you. These are on a crash sale at CDNN for $439.00

If I didn't just buy a SIG I would have one of these in transit.

3. TRW369

TRW369 TS Member

I just purchased one in 9mm and think it is a great and reliable gun to shoot. Changing the magazine release really helped me especially since I am left handed. It also comes with (3) backstraps for accomodate your hand size. I have a small hand and just let mine stay the way it was when purchased. The only problem I have had so far is shooting some reloaded ammo. It does have a very stiff rebound spring and sometimes it will not feed a reloaded cartridge without stove pipping first. Anything other than reloads feeds without any problems. I in addition bought a L.H. holster directly thru the Beretta website and it is a plastic style that can be either worn with a belt or just over your belt. That's it for now and good luck with your purchase. I am also a fan of any Beretta weapons, ie: Pistols, shotguns etc.

Terry

4. Gary Beer

Gary Beer Member

The Police Department I work for issued them to us about 6-8 months ago. We transitioned from the Beretta 96 .40 to the Storm .40. It is a really nice weapon.
    Beretta also cut us a deal on the Storm Compact for off duty. Both are very nice weapons and I have not seen or heard of any problems with them. We have probably close to 800 of them in service.

Gary Beer

5. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I have carried the Beretta Cougar .40 on and off duty for over 10 years. The Storm is the next generation. The inner workings of both guns are the same. I have never had a jam, stove pipe or problem of any kind with my Cougar. Great dependable guns and I understand that the Storm is equally as good. Just my 2 cents.

JON

6. Loyac

Loyac Member

I thank you gentlemen for your comments...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.