1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dalaman, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dalaman

dalaman TS Member

I have a Beretta BL-3 O/U 12 ga.shotgun. It was made in 1969 and I purchased it used a short time ago. Problem that I'm having is the firing pin is just dinging the primer and not firing the round. It did this several times during 3 rounds of trap shooting last night. It also happened last week. I've had the hammer springs replaced but not the firing pins. The firing pins LOOKED good to me but I really don't know what they are supposed to look like. Anybody else had any similar problems and if so what was the cure.
    Thanks for any help with this problem. I can't afford to buy another gun right now so fixing this one is a must.

Denny in Ohio

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

How are the firing pin return springs. If they are compressed of broken, the firing pin will not return back far enough for the hammer to give it a good strike

Doug Braker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.