1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta or Caeser Guerini

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by KOKA, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KOKA

KOKA TS Member

Which one would you get the beretta 682 gold E unsingle combo or the caeser guerini summit unsingle combo. Are they comparable guns or is one better built then the other. Thanks for any help.

2. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Should you ever need it, Guerini service/warranty is superior. Just one factor to think about.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

The Beretta 68x platform has been time and tournament proven over the past 30 years, the same cannot be said for CG. I also think your MUCH more likely to find parts and repair if your at a shoot and something breaks for a Beretta than a CG.

Unless you can get your hands on each, and make a decision on whats right for you from that, as a blanket generalization, I think the Beretta is a better bet.

4. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I chose the CG..

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

You really need to try both and make up your mind which will be better for you. Now having said that I owned several Beretta 680 series guns for skeet and trap, including the combos and 4 barrel sets, and they were great performing guns. The service from Beretta and the quality control (or lack thereof) on some of the later 682s finally drove me away. After trying most of the other "names" I ended up with a Caesar Guerini Summit Trap combo. My personal opinion is that the CG is superior to the Beretta in every possible way including fit and finish, service, quality control and listening to their customers. Probably simply because they have not adopted the Beretta "We've been around for hundreds of years so we know better than you what you need and when you need it" mindset.

--- Chip King ---

6. Shawn

Shawn Member

KOKA
    They are as different as night and day.

I have shot a beretta for quite a while and like it.

I have tried the CG several times and it wasn't for me.

I have a number of friends who love there CG.

You really need to try them both.

Shawn

7. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Ok…nothings perfect but what matters is a company that tries to make it so.

I recently had the nut come off the cocking rod of my CG Combo rendering it unable to fire. Took the stock off, put the nut back on and back in business in 15 minutes. No big deal but was disappointed never the less. (for a few minutes you could have bought a Guerini really cheap!) I let Guerini know about this and they have just about driven me nuts with numerous emails and phone calls arranging to inspect it and replace any part that is not in perfect specs. They are sending prepaid shipping label. I plan to ship it back after the NC State shoot with a one day turn around.

Beretta…are you listening? ...............Didn't think so.

Mark

p.s. Shawn has it right though.

8. JH

JH Well-Known Member

CG: Superior customer service; better fit and finish; relatively unproven.

Beretta 682: PROVEN in the Olympics (not many World Class shooters use CG); crappy service (but, you can always send it to COLE); uneven fit and finish (some are better than others).

When the Olympic shooters put down their 682s/Perazzis for CGs....I will buy one...for now, I will stick to 682s.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I shoot a Beretta 682 Gold E Trap and love it. Have never had an issue(knock on wood). That said i have held several of the CG's and they sure do look nice and feel even better. I have not shot one though. If i had to buy again, i would check them and several others out first. I'd probably buy a gun off MIA though. He often has some dandy P guns on here for less than i paid for that 682.

Thankfully i have not had to test Beretta's Customer Service and i'm not sure i would if i had an issue. I would likely seek help from Cole's as was recommended to me by several when i bought my 682.

10. Robster7

Robster7 Member

I haved owned both and prefer the 687 Silver Pigeon II EELL by Etchen.....
    A super gun and a great price.....
    www.joeletchenguns.com

11. dalewin8

dalewin8 TS Member

I was looking for a new 682 Gold E left hand, looked all over the place, E-mail and Called and left a message with Beretta, They never got back to me. So forget the Service Dept. About a mounth ago i picked up a Summit unsigle Lefty, SG also has a pit stop program. I also don't care if any big dogs are shooting them. Justlook what they have done in only 10 years.

12. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

I have both. A Beretta goldE unsingle combo and a CG top single combo. Like them both, but choose to shoot the CGun and keep the Beretta as a back-up. Regard the CG as a more dependable gun, but have not proof of that and only about 25K rounds down the barrel. The company made some minor repairs on the first pit stop. Which in itself is a brilliant idea. The company gets to monitor the gun parts for reliabilty and replace problems without consumer knowledge. Both are great guns, both have their own handling character. It would be good to shoot them before making a purchase decision. There is no poor decision or mistake. Buy the one that makes your heart beat a little faster.

Maltz

13. Lyle

Lyle Member

I recently purchased and received the Summit Impact Combo. I have only put about 400 total rounds through it, but the gun is very well balanced. The unsingle seems to agree with me as does the release trigger. I am new to a release and my first 100 handicap with the gun I shot a 95 and was first in the event. I would like to say the thing is like a laser, but it is too early to tell. I haven't shot hardly any registered in the last two years but am going to shoot the entire Idaho State this weekend so I will get in excess of 1,000 rounds through it. I will post my thoughts next week on this gun.

Best advice is some that you have been given and that is to try each one. Something that hasn't been said on this thread is to get a stock that fits as that is vital.

Lyle

14. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

CG. If you shoot at the Ohio State, you can try one.

blade819 (GG Apex combo)

15. missed some

missed some TS Member

the shooters i know who shoot the CG are thankful for the service, they have needed it

16. schutzemgud

schutzemgud TS Member

Beretta 682 is a great shotgun.

CG is a great shotgun.

When there is great service available people use it. CG has unbelievable service.

Beretta not so much. Try calling into Beretta then call CG it is apparent right away what the difference is.

You will see most Beretta people frequenting aftermarket shops for repairs and tune ups and parts. Really not an option to go the factory. Unless you don't want to shoot your gun for months.

The Summit is a great Trap gun try it you'll like it. I decided on a release for it and sent it in. Total turn around 5 business days! 5!!!!!... and when I registered it they sent me a hat. I know it doesn't cost much a hat but it was a nice touch and an example of how you will be treated.

Mike Sudz

17. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have both guns. I like the CG better because of the higher rib. Mt wife likes the lower rib on the 682 Gold E. You will have try them out then pick the one you like best.

18. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

I'll start by saying "All gun manufacturers" have problems with their products at times. if you've ever been in a factory servce department you would see they have work to perform daly,thats the nature of manufacturing things go wrong now and then. Like many on this site, I've owned a slew of guns over time
    and all had something positive to offer. I've owned a number Beretta's mainly 682's and found them to be durable and well made. My girfriend shoots a 682 Gold E combo and absolutly loves this gun, she left Perazzi for her Beretta. I have a few Perazzi's but have gone over to Guerini because I like the dynamics and in spite of what people say here, they extremely well made.

Guns like everything else are subjective, you need buy what works for you period. Fact is, there is there no junk byond entry level guns, competition won't allow them to survive. If Guerini wasn't a good product, they would have been long gone before now.

People assume because they haven't heard of a brand name until recently, they think it's new and must be unproven. Fact is, there's a big world out there and many great guns are being manufactured for markets other than the U.S.

Surfer

19. RV4driver

RV4driver TS Member

I tried both, and went with the CG Summit Trap. Time will tell, sure, but right now, I'm in love with the CG. Tried the Beretta, wanted to love it, but couldn't get it to happen. YMMV. I couldn't get the B-gun to fit me, but the CG fit me perfectly right out of the box.

Jeff

20. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

I agree that all products have problems now and then. Try this, write Beretta an email asking any question you can think of. Do the same for Caesar Guerini. Leave your phone number with each.

You will get an answer from each. I'll bet you lunch that a Caesar Guerini rep calls you on the phone within two business days. You won't hear from Beretta for months.

Yes, Beretta has been around for a long time, but they are living on past reputation. Caesar Guerini is building theirs, and doing a fine job of it. If my choice was between these two, my hard earned cash would go to Caesar Guerini.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta vs ceasar gurinei

caesar guerini vs beretta

caesar guerini vs beretta 682
ceasar guerini vs beretta
ceasr guerini vs beretta
cg summit impact vs 682 gold e

guerini vs beretta