1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta or Benelli ultralight

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by glenns, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glenns

glenns Member

My wife is 5' and is currently using a Remington 1100 to shoot trap. Little too heavy for her so I'm looking for an Ultralight.

Any one have a Beretta or Benelli Ultralight for sale?

2. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I would not get the UltraLight because it will bet to light. We have a girl at our club that shot my wife SS and like the gun. So she went out to buy the Benelli SS and got the UltraLight instead because of the weigh.
    She started shooting and said to my wife that her gun recoil alot more then my wifes SS.
    I would stay with what you have or go with the standard Beretta AL391 or Benelli.
    The ulterlight are field guns not target guns.

3. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Put her into a Beretta 3901 RL with either a 26" or 28" barrel. The automatic will take up a lot of the recoil. The 3901 has a 12" LOP with two 1/2" spacers and an adj comb. $925.00 The photo is a 26" gun.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

4. Loyac

Loyac Member

Hoosier Daddy is right. I think ALL Benelli's are spring (recoil) operated. Great guns, but heavy on the recoil end. John

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I have a 686 Beretta ultralite and can confirm what the others are saying. It is great for a half dozen shots or so over a day of tramping the field but it kills from both ends. No way could I get through 100 rounds of target shooting in an afternoon. I'm not sure the gun would hold up to a lot of shooting either, it has an alloy frame.

A BT99 Micro might be worth looking into.

6. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Have a Benelli Ultralight. Made to shoot a little and carry a lot in the field.

DoubleAuto

7. glenns

glenns Member

Thanks for all the feedback. I thought the ultralights would have more recoil but the salesman at Cabela's said it's not that bad.

I'd like to have her shoot one. I'll see if someone has it at our club.

8. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

The Benelli Ultralight, unless it has changed, only comes in a 24" or 26" barrel length. Kind of short for trap.

You don't think the Cabela's salesman was trying to just sell you a $1300+ shotgun do you? Let the buyer beware.

DoubleAuto

9. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Have you considered the Remington 11-87 Sporting clays with a 26 inch light contour barrel? The shorter forearm of this model seems to make it better suited to petite ladies. You should be able to buy a used one for about 500 to 600. Another alternative is a Remington 1199 LT 29 gauge with a 26 inxh barrel. They can be purchased used for about 400 to 500. Hope this helps. JM

10. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Oop. I meant Remington 1100 LT 20 gauge. This will even be lighter with a synthetic youth stock set. JM

11. drh08

drh08 TS Member

I have shot the Benelli ultra light in sporting clays. My friend replaced the recoil pad which he said tamed it some. That thing kicks some but for the most part it catches up to you over time. I wouldn't shoot over 1 oz loads in it and then I can only take it for 50 rounds. For those that say the SS kicks, I have one and to be honest it's a different recoil than a 391 ( that one is a little delayed) but doesn't kick any harder for sure. I can put 300 1 oz rounds through it in a day with no shoulder problems. It kicks less than then all the browning o/u I have shot. The ss does seem to have a short length of pull however. I only liked the balance with a 30 inch barrel. That gun is a long broom stick however

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

benelli ultra light

benelli ultra light 28 trap
benelli ultra light problems
benelli ultralight

benelli ultralight 20 gauge 24 inch barrel

parts benelli ultra light
problems with benelli ultra light

used benelli ultralight for sale