1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Optima Chokes?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by KF9VH, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KF9VH

KF9VH TS Member

I feel a ridge inside my chokes up about where the thread start towards the back on all of my optima extended tubes. I would think they should be smooth.

Would someone that has optima extended check theirs and see it they have them also. Just don’t seem right to me.

2. Loyac

Loyac Member

You might have plastic build-up... A cleaning might be in order. John

3. KF9VH

KF9VH TS Member

Did that. Scrubbed the hell out of them. Used a Tornado brush, if that don’t get the crap out nothing will.

4. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Is the problem more noticeable on the tighter chokes? If so, then it just might be sloppy (rough) machine work. What brand of choke tubes are these?

Easystreet

5. KF9VH

KF9VH TS Member

They all have it. The IM seems to have less. They are the Beretta optima chokes that come with a 391.

6. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Mine are like that too, I think that is just where the tapered cone part stops at the right diameter for the choke size. It is more pronounced in the Full choke and not noticable in the Improved cylinder. I have two brand new factory skeet chokes coming this week, I'll look at them real good before I get them dirty. I do not think it is anything to worry about, my 682 patterns great.

7. tp

tp TS Member

The Ompimas that came with my 687 all have the ridge in them. I looked and could not see it but can feel it with my finger. As Leo said, I don't think it is anything to worry about. Just a note, the Wrights tubes I bought are perfectly smooth with no ridge of any kind.

8. KF9VH

KF9VH TS Member

Thanks for checking for me guys, very helpfull. I wont worry about it.

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Beretta advertises the Optima tube to be a step up from the mobil tubes, I seriously disagree & much prefer the mobil. Get yourself some Wrights tubes and you will be happy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.