1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta O/U's POI Variations

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rdf59, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdf59

rdf59 Member

I owned a Beretta 682 Gold E 12 which had O/U Center POI difference of 8+ inches at 30yds. Over bbl 2+ inches high and Under 6 plus inches low and left by 1+ inch.

I also have a 20ga 687 Silver Pigeon II that has an Over that is high by 2 inches and the Under is low by 5 inches which gives me a 7 inch Center POI differential. This one is OK on the horizontal alignment.

Beretta told a shooting friend that they considered 8 inch variance in POI to be within Factory tolerances.

What do you experience with the K's, K's and P's (Also the Blasers, Guerini's and D-10's)

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

an 8" difference at 40 yards is within tolerance at Browning also. I sold my Superposed and my 682 Gold E combo for similar, but not as bad reasons. Ditto, my Beretta field gun (less than 2" off).

My Rizzini Aurum 20 ga shoots where I look and both barrels and EVERY choke shoot to the same POI.

My Perazzi combo barrels, all fixed chokes, shoot to the same POI.

3. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I had the same problem with a brand new 682 a while back. I shot 110 patterns @40 yds thru the bbls w/various handloads & factory ammo. Could not get the gun to a reasonable center left & right. I view 1-1/2" either way "reasonable." And 0" low to 10-12" high. Fully 50% of ALL Brands & ALL bbls I have shot have been unable to meet the standards above. A good bbl man can,in most cases,correct the POI,fixed chokes being much easier to work with. Tom Lobonc

4. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I had the same problem with a brand new 682 a while back. I shot 110 patterns @40 yds thru the bbls w/various handloads & factory ammo. Could not get the gun to a reasonable center left & right. I view 1-1/2" either way "reasonable." And 0" low to 10-12" high. Fully 50% of ALL Brands & ALL bbls I have shot have been unable to meet the standards above. A good bbl man can,in most cases,correct the POI,fixed chokes being much easier to work with. Tom Lobonc

5. crew

crew TS Member

I have a DT10 and the top barrel was about 50/50 and the bottom 70/30 I had read they made them that way for doubles. I was use to shooting a gun with both barrels the same point of impact. I had the barrels taken apart and now their both close to 70/30 and it works much better for me . I wouldn't buy an o/u again that wasn't adjustable if your a serious shooter. It seems to be a problem even off to the side. Why waste your time and money trying to shoot something that shoots one barrel in one place and the other somewhere else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.