1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta Mobil choke??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wayneo, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I just pulled the chokes out of my 686 WhiteWing, and was cleaning the threads and such, put the calipers on the choke marked PB-IC-****SP. It's 0.712". OK not a problem. The other choke is marked PB-SKEET-SP, it's 0.732".....The barrel it's in is a 18.3. Isn't that a 0.720" barrel? I've got a skeet choke thats more open than a cylinder choke and the barrel itself?

Thanks for any info,

Wayne

2. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Active Member

I have a set of Mobil chokes for my 390 & the skeet choke is actually a negative .004" in my gun, more of a flare than a choke. Yours is really open. I have an Optima skeet choke that is fairly close to .732", but they are too long for the earlier barrels. Can't say for sure what you have there. John

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

sounds about right for some of the Beretta stuff...

4. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Active Member

Correction: Mobil skeet choke measures .732" on the inlet & .715" on the outlet on a barrel with a .724" bore for a negative choke of - .009". John

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

first off, older beretta's used a .730 base bore dia, even though there barrels were closer to .720 give or take.

I had a cylinder choke, .000, that actually was a negative .009...

if your bore is .724, and your tightest constriction in the choke is .715, you have a .009 constriction choke. about I.C...

6. skeezix

skeezix Member

The beretta choke sizes are at this link:

http://berettausa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43/kw/beretta%20chokes/session/L3RpbWUvMTMyNzgwMDEwNS9zaWQvbDJuYndqUGs%3D

Beretta has two skeet chokes - Skeet usa and Skeet euro. skeet euro is more open than cylinder.

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I shoot a 303 with mobil chokes. I have tried Briley, Comp n choke, Carlson, Hastings, Wrights and more that I forgot about and nothing patterns as well as my full or mod mobil choke

8. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Thanks for the link Skeez. Looks like I have a Euro skeet. 0.730". I better put that in the top barrel for the second shot.

Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta mobil negative skeet choke