1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta MKII Trap gun question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GK Chesteron, Jun 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GK Chesteron

GK Chesteron TS Member

What do you think about the MK II for a 1st timers trap gun?
    I found one for a more attractive price than a used BT-99 and it looks to be in excellent condition. The pull is a little long for me(I'm going to see if a thinner recoil pad will help) and it is longer than any gun case I have so I'll need to find a case that will fit a 52" long gun as the range rules where I'm shooting require that all guns be brought to the line cased. Boyt looks like a good choice, any comments? Suggestions?

2. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

This is an EXCELLENT choice for a 1st timers gun.
    Although I have had a BT since I was 14 [35 yrs. now?] the Mark 2 Beretta is a very bulletproof gun. Also if you have any problems with it it will be much easier getting this worked on by Beretta or Coles gunsmithing than Browning.
    The Beretta is a better balanced gun IMO with the very thick barrel that they have where as the BT is kinda light on the front end. Look at BT's at any major shoot and see all of the barrel weights and recoil reducers hanging under the barrels.
    I recently missed out on a Mark 2 on Gun Broker that was like new.... I guess I should have bid more.

Hope this helps.....

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

The Mark II is heavy in general and barrel heavy in particular, but as long as you've got a little better than average strength and endurance this weight is a GOOD thing. It is a SUPERB trap gun that is built like a tank. Good luck w/ yours. I suspect that you'll love it.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.